Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a number of terminals on the rear of my windscreen mounted, rear view mirror.

Does anybody know what they are ?

I am looking at installing a dashcam and if I can pick up the switched and unswitched live from here it could save me an awful lot of messing around routing cables behind the trim.

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just ordered a "SimpleUSBPort Mirror to Dashcam Adapter (10-pin Type A) " from Amazon. This should keep wiring simple and reversible when needed.

Reactions: Kippax

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for that .... it looks mint.

Need to investigate the rear of the more in more detail.

·
Registered
2019 Q60 Rs I-line Mods Infiniti A/B Hks LD Ams H/E Ams Intakes Ams tune 91- ACP Seq turn signals
38 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There’s a direct plug and play system that u Navi sells have a look

Interesting. Have some free time tomorrow so wil investigate the rear of the mirror more closely.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Though it's a bit unnerving that there doesn't appear to be a single independent review on You Tube

·
Registered
2019 Q60 Rs I-line Mods Infiniti A/B Hks LD Ams H/E Ams Intakes Ams tune 91- ACP Seq turn signals
38 Posts
Though it's a bit unnerving that there doesn't appear to be a single independent review on You Tube
Apparently it’s a new product...they also sells Apple car plays modules etc for the most of the Infiniti line up...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had a closer look at the Unavi unit and that spec. seems to stand up very well at that price (currently $185) even with the carriage charge $50 carriage charge to the UK.

However a couple of points that I've emailed them about.
  • There is a 2 wire supply to the mirror, this can be seen both in the video and on the image of my plug below. I tested it today and it only appears to be live when the the ignition is on. If that is the case how does it power the park mode ? Nearly every unit I have seen with this facility requires a permanent live. Just out of interest found those connectors online and mine is different, a 7 pin actually listed as being for a Toyota.
  • Secondly, the minute you want to add a second rear camera the price goes through the roof. The is no offer and you also have to buy the UGB621 at $329 and source the connecting lead separately.

Other unit I have been looking at is the VIOFO A129 Duo which is a twin camera kit. This I know needs hard wiring with both BAT and ACC supplies. They seem to have an excellent rep not only on tech, but also the motoring forums for the quality of the product and also for after sales support.

Hopefully I'll get some answers from Unavi. Bit of digging reveals that they appear to be a Korean firm but oddly only distribute through their outlet in the US. Nothing on AliExpress, eBay or Amazon.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There’s a direct plug and play system that u Navi sells have a look

Just a word of warning on this.

Had it confirmed by UNAVI that, as I suspected, using the supply to the mirror you won't be able to take advantage of the park mode as this requires a permanent supply.

They have apologised for this mis-leading information and promised to revise the description accordingly.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks for following up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts