Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2020 Red Sport 400 didn’t make it home after purchase before losing all power in traffic and would only idle at 1000 rpm. “Engine Malfunction” “See owners manual” along with 4 or 5 other alert lights showing. Almost got me ran over. Stayed in the shop 11 days and released as it shows a code but ran fine. Made it 6000 miles and failed again but this time turning on and off would not repair it. It will only idle no matter how much throttle applied. The Infiniti dealer can’t find the problem after plenty of codes and finally on the fourth day of troubleshooting it began working on its own. I know they are guessing, but ordered a new accelerator pedal and will give it back this week and I will still be in the death trap... except this will push me over the 30 days out of service in less than 6 months of ownership in Georgia... so they will be buying this one back it appears. This technology has its issues for sure.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,210 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
2019 Q60 Rs I-line Mods Infiniti A/B Hks LD Ams H/E Ams Intakes Ams tune 91- ACP Seq turn signals
38 Posts
Sorry about your loss but can you explain more? What type of codes were present / lights on the dash?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Historically, limp mode on the VR30 engine can be caused by a bad signal from the camshaft sensor(s), and I've seen a few cases where the fault was in the engine wire harness itself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry about your loss but can you explain more? What type of codes were present / lights on the dash?
Malfunction see owners manual
It displayed a blinking picture of a car hitting a car in the side
A picture of a car losing traction
A picture of an orange engine
A green thing with three lines sprouting from each side
A small car with yellow sonar projecting from the front and two white sonar beanie from the rear
They found code BCm B26Ff Intelligent tuner comm error

this second time is all the same but I don’t have the codes yet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts