Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Gwinnett Infiniti for some work on my RS and met up with Sid. He showed me an updated red stitch shift knob & boot on a 2018 Q50 RS that they just installed. It looked pretty sweet and Sid said it fits the Q50 and Q60. Will try to get a picture when I go pick up my car.

·
Registered
591 Posts
That red boot sounds interesting, though probably not something I would do. Now I'm imagining a fully red boot with no black in sight.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
I was at Gwinnett Infiniti for some work on my RS and met up with Sid. He showed me an updated red stitch shift knob & boot on a 2018 Q50 RS that they just installed. It looked pretty sweet and Sid said it fits the Q50 and Q60. Will try to get a picture when I go pick up my car.
That red boot sounds interesting, though probably not something I would do. Now I'm imagining a fully red boot with no black in sight.
I've gotten in the shift knob. Still waiting for the shift boot to make it to me. Once in hand, the listing goes up! At the moment, it's taking 3 days for me to get the shift knob and 5 days to get the boot. Once more ordering takes place, those start to get stocked in the warehouse closest to us and the fulfillment time gets quicker.

Very neat and unique!

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
The Q50 RS has red stitching throughout the cabin. It would bother me just having red on the shifter in my Q60.

Correct. But, some peeps would be okay with it AND someone out there put a DIY for people to do this mod for G37’s. I’ve sold a lot of the other knobs and boots. This will be another offering.

And...those butts back ordered my shift boot I ordered. Ah!

But, here’s photos of the knob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
The Q50 RS has red stitching throughout the cabin. It would bother me just having red on the shifter in my Q60.
My seats are red :D

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
I need one!! Lol

And an extra one just because.

Well, I’ve got the last shift knob in the US on order and have two shift knobs and 4 boots on an urgent order status now. Just need to get them in hand!

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Given how much of the Q60 and Q50 cabins are similar, I wonder if some of the cabin trim pieces can't be replaced. I remember considering this when I saw the red stitched Q50 interiors (for the 2018 MY).

I think the area where the panels are very different are on both doors. I doubt anyone would replace all the panels (if it's possible) but leave the door ones the same. It's a pity the red sport didn't come with the red stitching from the factory. IMO it gives it a more upscale look especially with the Monaco red interior.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
How much do they run for?

For the boot, knob, and shipping is right at about $170 to the 48 states.

In the whole grand scheme of price comparisons, it’s not bad as I’ve seen less appealing OEM shift knobs by themselves over $300. No boot. No shipping.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Given how much of the Q60 and Q50 cabins are similar, I wonder if some of the cabin trim pieces can't be replaced. I remember considering this when I saw the red stitched Q50 interiors (for the 2018 MY).

I think the area where the panels are very different are on both doors. I doubt anyone would replace all the panels (if it's possible) but leave the door ones the same. It's a pity the red sport didn't come with the red stitching from the factory. IMO it gives it a more upscale look especially with the Monaco red interior.

That may be the next step. 2018 Q50 RS come with red stitching!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts

In the whole grand scheme of price comparisons, it’s not bad as I’ve seen less appealing OEM shift knobs by themselves over $300. No boot. No shipping.
That's a fair price. My only concern would be something getting jacked up by making the switch. I assume the piece of the console that surrounds the base of the boot has to be removed.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
That's a fair price. My only concern would be something getting jacked up by making the switch. I assume the piece of the console that surrounds the base of the boot has to be removed.

Yes, it does. Keyur Patel and JPlateado from the Q50 forums has the steps needed to this. I believe they’re on the FB page, too. It takes about 20-30 minutes total and just be careful to not break the plastic clips on the side trims because they’re part of the trim itself.

·
Registered
170 Posts

That's not bad at all. I thought you'd say they were more.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts