Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks!!!

I'm on the verge of joining the Q60 owner's club very soon!
But I'm still hesitating and this is where I need your help, my dear fellows!
I am to purchase a used Q60: 2017, 3.0 405 hp, 140 000 km
The previous owner, a Luxembourgian lawyer, used it mostly on highways, strictly followed-up by Infiniti dealers.
My questions:
  • is the new V6 quite reliable?
  • would it be wise to purchase it with such mileage?
  • what would I need to check first?

Thanks in advance for all the insights you could share!

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Id call this engine fairly reliable. Thats pretty high milage if the turbos are the originals. 2017 model has been known to have turbos issues that seem to have been corrected after I think about mid 2018. You can find many stories on here of 2017 engines being replaced under factory warranty. Not sure about Europe, but 87,000 is out of factory warranty here in the US.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,898 Posts
European highway mileage would be better for the engine & turbo longevity than short, stop-and-go trips.

BTW, I have a '17 Q60 Red Sport AWD, but with only 32k miles, with many mods.

I would check the compressor outlets (remove the coupler between it and the intercooler inlet on both sides) and check for excessive oil mist, which would indicate bad oil seals and/or bearings. The turbos shouldn't whistle under boost, either, nor should you see any smoke out of the exhaust.

Otherwise, good luck with your purchase!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Id call this engine fairly reliable. Thats pretty high milage if the turbos are the originals. 2017 model has been known to have turbos issues that seem to have been corrected after I think about mid 2018. You can find many stories on here of 2017 engines being replaced under factory warranty. Not sure about Europe, but 87,000 is out of factory warranty here in the US.
Can confirm. My 2017 is currently getting an engine replacement under powertrain at 60k miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts