Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Rival models such as BMW 4 Series Coupe and Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe, the new Infiniti Q60 has a front end derived from the Q50 brother and the most powerful unit in the range - a 3.0-liter V6 - 400 hp develops.
Do you think this is true about the rival models?

·
Registered
114 Posts
The Q60 is more powerful than the BMW 4 Series Coupe but the 2017 Mercedes-AMG C 63 S Coupe beats it by a hairsbreadth at 503hp. So between the Mercedes and Q60, it'll come down to which design the buyer prefers and how they both handle.

·
Registered
591 Posts
All BMWs look the same to me these days so nothing from the BMW 4 Series Coupe really stands out to me. I do however like the 2017 Mercedes-AMG C 63 S Coupe quad exhaust but the Q60's dual exhaust is nice too.

·
Registered
591 Posts
We'll know how the Infiniti Q60 drive dynamics compare once its out and the reviews start pouring in. BMw may be known for it but that doesn't mean other companies don't have coupe with great performance either.

·
Registered
308 Posts
With the Q60 having an extra ~100hp give or take of course, I don't really think the 435i would be able to keep up performance wise. However, In other aspects like sales, and popularity.. The 435i xDrive Coupe I think is a competitor.

·
Registered
591 Posts
They're all pretty similar in power if you look at the base Q60 that's not suing the new V6 engine. The Mercedes C-Class coupe has 241 hp, comparable to the Q60's. Same goes for the BMW 4 series but the 435i xDrive Coupe does win by around 50 hp.

I personally think the front facia is ugly so it would be between the Mercedes and the Q60.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Then the other thing to look at is where these cars are making power and torque since that matters. Typically car makers will report power/torque with RPM on official spec sheets. And this is one reason why getting behind the wheel of them is vital, lets you feel that power/torque.

·
Registered
231 Posts
fyi... the 2018 Audi A5 debuts on 6/2. This should be interesting.... however I'm counting on Audi to screw up the new A/S5 like they did with the Q7 and A4.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Just my opinion that they were disappointing... Audi is my favorite brand so I just expected more... At least from a styling perspective. The A4 looks nearly identical to the previous gen however the new jagged headlights are ugly to me. The Q7 is not as aggressive looking as the previous gen.... The new technologies for both are awesome though.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Audi designs have generally looked pretty vanilla compared to other companies but they are nice on the interior, just lacking on the exterior. Not really a screw up, it's just how they are. the Infiniti Q60 in comparison has more ridges and sporty lines compared to Audi.

·
Registered
308 Posts
If the 4-series is in the competition range for the Q60, the RC definitely is as well. At that point we can even throw in the S5

·
Registered
145 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Street performance and handling wise I see the Q60RS competing with the bmw M235i over the 4 series.

The M235i is a rocket on wheels, my first pick was a slighted used 2016 M235i, but the dealer and I couldn't come to terms on my trade in valuation. I love my 2017 3.0t premium AWD and in looks and refinement it beats the BMW hands down, but in pure power and driving dynamics the BMW was better.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts