Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
The engineers would love to do a proper high-output rival to the M4 and AMG C63.
The Q60 Red Sport 400 is a great touring vehicle, but I wouldn't mind seeing an even higher performance model in the future if Infiniti is capable of it.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I decided to check my RS RWD brakes out on a wet street. Stomped on the brake pedal at around 30mph. I thought the negative Gs were going to pull the eyeballs out of my head :D

Reactions: Q602B

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Q60 Red Sport 400 is a great touring vehicle, but I wouldn't mind seeing an even higher performance model in the future if Infiniti is capable of it.
Think it is going to happen....right now, they are trying to decide to do it in-house, or with Renault Sport Racing, or with NISMO.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Think it is going to happen....right now, they are trying to decide to do it in-house, or with Renault Sport Racing, or with NISMO.
It is definitely happening. Like you said , they're trying to decide who will be doing the tuning, body kit, exhaust, etc. Honestly, I am confident that either, Renault, in house or Nismo would do equally awesome jobs. However, I might lean towards Renault racing or in house, only because Nismo is already responsible for quite a few Nissan products and not sure how much man power they have. Either way I'm pretty pumped. I keep hearing black sport for this version, though I think they should stick with the IPL name, though it wouldn't fit with the silver, red sport names now and black sport would.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is definitely happening. Like you said , they're trying to decide who will be doing the tuning, body kit, exhaust, etc. Honestly, I am confident that either, Renault, in house or Nismo would do equally awesome jobs. However, I might lean towards Renault racing or in house, only because Nismo is already responsible for quite a few Nissan products and not sure how much man power they have. Either way I'm pretty pumped. I keep hearing black sport for this version, though I think they should stick with the IPL name, though it wouldn't fit with the silver, red sport names now and black sport would.
Wholeheartedly agree here...I'm hoping, with Renault Formula 1 experience, some transferable F1 tech can make it over to the sport-performance tuned version. Infiniti is cutting its chops with Renault F1 by supplying the KERS for both Renault and Red Bull's power units...maybe the in-house team is picking up some serious know-how on HI-PO ICE.

·
Registered
500 Posts
If you guys look at what's happening across the industry when it comes to performance trims you'll see there are regular performance trims and higher in performance trims. With that being the case we'll likely see a mix of the names above for a super high performance Q60 or something from Infiniti.

Maybe a Q60 IPL Red Sport?

·
Registered
479 Posts
If you guys look at what's happening across the industry when it comes to performance trims you'll see there are regular performance trims and higher in performance trims. With that being the case we'll likely see a mix of the names above for a super high performance Q60 or something from Infiniti.

Maybe a Q60 IPL Red Sport?
I definitely see what your saying but that name I think would be a little awkward and ensinuate that there are different trim levels of the IPL, which I don't think that will happen. I would expect them to go with either black sport, to stick with the color level scheme or just call it IPL, since the name is already trademarked for use. I would personally prefer the latter. At the end of the day I won't care what they call it, as long as it can rumble with the big boys (RS5,M4,RC-F, C63S).

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts