Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
244 Posts
Perhaps something was off with your car? When I had a regular silver sport or luxe as a loaner i was impressed how much slower it was, didnt know 100hp (even less whp) makes such a difference. The moment I got back on my RS (pre-JB4 or any mods) that difference was huge. Same when I plugged in the JB4 and EWG wires, car started spinning off in 2nd gear on an AWD with Michelins PS 4S - which is insane! Hope ur Q get sorted out soon.
I just noticed a 2020 Q50 sport loaner was noticibly slower than my Q60 premium model which surprised me .

· Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,511 Posts
I just noticed a 2020 Q50 sport loaner was noticibly slower than my Q60 premium model which surprised me .
So you're saying the lighter Q50 Red Sport 400 is slower than a Q60 300?

· Registered
4 Posts
Yes, the Q50 loaner was the 300hp version and at wot it was certainly slower then my RS. The biggest difference was simply cruising around town, starting, stopping, passing folks on the highway, etc. it was extremely dialed in and very lively. I almost thouht it was too agressive for a sedate looking 4 door considering the sporty model should be/is the RS. Its THAT good. During a daily commute, dare I say it was loads more fun than my RS. Trust me when I say, Im not happy about finding this out and I cannot understand why Infiniti wouldnt perform ECM or TCU updates when the new iterations are that good. I thought about leaving the HVAC on full time like most do, it will just take an adjustment on my part. Its something that I just never have done with my long line of previuos vehicles. Something to note about the Q50 loaner was just how immediate the transmission responded to slight throttle inputs. It was hugely different and super responsive compared to my RS with the HVAC off. Sometimes I will need to accelerate to pass a car or whatever and I will feed in some throttle and there is no reaction by the trans. It doesnt downshift, it just lugs along doing nothing. Yet, feed in slightly more throttle and the car jolts forward giving you way more than you asked for. Basically like an on/off switch. Whoever tuned this thing at Infiniti must be an idiot.
So I’m having a similar issue with my 2018 Red Sport.. Some days (rarely) it drives like a rocket. Some days it drives ok, some days it drives sluggish.. Lately, it’s been more on the sluggish side and I can’t figure out why. I also noticed when I had a Q50 300hp loaner it felt quicker/better responding than my RS.

I also just noticed today that when A/C is on, the car is louder/vibrates more, even when parked. When A/C is turned off, it suddenly quiets down to a lower volume. And no, I’m not talking about the sound the A/C makes from being on/off. This sound is clearly coming from the motor, and there is even a slight vibration that comes on when A/C is on.

I live in Texas, and I’ve had the A/C on probably 99% of the time I’ve had this car (almost 1 year), so I always thought the sound was normal. I’ve taken it in to Infiniti 3 times for front left axel issues (that’s a whole other nightmare), but none have mentioned any other issues w the car other than the main issues I took it in for.

Just adding my experience.. Definitely frustrating that such a “sporty” car that supposedly has so much power under the hood can feel outperformed by it’s less powerful, heavier family member (Q50).

· Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,511 Posts
When A/C is turned off, it suddenly quiets down to a lower volume. And no, I’m not talking about the sound the A/C makes from being on/off.
Pretty sure the ECU adjusts for the load the A/C puts on the engine. I even notice it when the car is parked with any movement of the steering wheel (non DAS).

21 - 25 of 25 Posts