Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am going to install a set of RSR springs this weekend on my Redsport AWD. I can't stand the huge wheel gap anymore especially with it sitting even higher because I have the AWD version. I was wondering how noticeable is the handling difference? I know on my Maxima the difference was night and day with very little body roll after install. I was able to take corners like they were nothing. I don't drive aggressive all the time but it would be nice to have control when I do want to push it. Also how is ground clearance with the springs? The car seems to sit very low from stock and don't want to have bottoming out issues. Lastly, can anyone provide the steps to take out the rear deck without breaking any clips. Thanks!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm not lowered yet, as I want to test fit my new rims first once they arrive and go from there.

However, assuming you've driven a lowered car before, as the wheel gap is bothering you. You'll have to do a lot of the similar things, as this car does sit quite low stock even an inch will have a decent impact on clearance. The wheel gap on the Q60 AWD is nothing compared to my old G37 AWD (Which was lowered a tad over 2 inches for summer and 1 inch for winter), so definitely an improvement from infiniti.

I'd be cautious around big speed bumps, I'm not sure how you're area is, but big speed bumps seem to be becoming a norm here. I already go sideways up them out of habit. I've also noticed some car washes have some sketchy entrances as well as sketchy areas where you park your car as it's to help ensure drainage.

Overall, you just have to be more cautious driving as potholes, things dropped on the road is more likely to hit the undershoud.

Lastly, people's driveways can be a bitch, but that's even at stock height.

Reactions: Coahman

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not lowered yet, as I want to test fit my new rims first once they arrive and go from there.

However, assuming you've driven a lowered car before, as the wheel gap is bothering you. You'll have to do a lot of the similar things, as this car does sit quite low stock even an inch will have a decent impact on clearance. The wheel gap on the Q60 AWD is nothing compared to my old G37 AWD (Which was lowered a tad over 2 inches for summer and 1 inch for winter), so definitely an improvement from infiniti.

I'd be cautious around big speed bumps, I'm not sure how you're area is, but big speed bumps seem to be becoming a norm here. I already go sideways up them out of habit. I've also noticed some car washes have some sketchy entrances as well as sketchy areas where you park your car as it's to help ensure drainage.

Overall, you just have to be more cautious driving as potholes, things dropped on the road is more likely to hit the undershoud.

Lastly, people's driveways can be a bitch, but that's even at stock height.
Thank you for your response. I have driven a lowered car before both on coilovers and springs. On my Maxima with springs on I could pretty much drive normal even going up driveways and even potholes but according to specs I found online regarding ground clearance the Q60 is .4 inches lower than my maxima from stock but it wasn't clear if that was for RWD or AWD. I guess there is only one real way to find out eh lol. I will report back by this weekend to let everyone know my opinion on the matter.

·
Registered
327 Posts
After driving it around for 10 minutes or so experimenting, you should be able to gauge what you can and can't get over by going straight and start using the angle method lol

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Yeah let us know how they ride / look, I am gonna work on getting some as well for the San Diego area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts