Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soooo I have a red alpha Q60 and I’m tuned by AMS, I have full down pipes, upgraded heat exchanger and coolant expansion tanks, I was tuned with just those mods. I did not have the AMS Alpha intakes at the time, however now I do. So I went and installed them, the install went pretty much by the numbers, no issues. I have done this install before on friends vr30’s. But for some reason, upon starting my Q today it runs like absolute dog ****, rough idle to say the least… is it just as simple as the AFR’s being ****** cause the new intakes interfering with the tune that was set on the OEM intakes?!?!? Idek helpppp I appreciate if y’all would share your thoughts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,769 Posts
I would check your MAF sensors and their electrical connections.

Make sure the intake plenums are fully-seated on the turbo inlets with no air leaks at the clamps.

Reactions: Devin Ganzer

·
Registered
110 Posts
Soooo I have a red alpha Q60 and I’m tuned by AMS, I have full down pipes, upgraded heat exchanger and coolant expansion tanks, I was tuned with just those mods. I did not have the AMS Alpha intakes at the time, however now I do. So I went and installed them, the install went pretty much by the numbers, no issues. I have done this install before on friends vr30’s. But for some reason, upon starting my Q today it runs like absolute dog , rough idle to say the least… is it just as simple as the AFR’s being ** cause the new intakes interfering with the tune that was set on the OEM intakes?!?!? Idek helpppp I appreciate if y’all would share your thoughts
Any update on what is wrong with the car. I just installed AMS Instakes on my car and have seen no issues yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any update on what is wrong with the car. I just installed AMS Instakes on my car and have seen no issues yet.
Yes! After further examining the MAF sensors connections, the male connector was very very dirty and wasn’t making proper connection; I had to clean it with electrical component cleaner, a fine point q-tip and then applied dielectric grease. It now runs perfectly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.