Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400 AWD. Midnight Black/Monaco Red Interior/Silver Optic Fiber Trim
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well a little over 6 months of having my 2017 Red Sport sadly came to an end 😢 Had someone Fly full speed backing out of their driveway like fast and the furious and smashed into me. When I asked him “wtf happened, didn’t you turn your head to look behind you” his response was “I don’t know” 😑
Took me what seemed like forever to find this car and had everything on it Exactly how I wanted and to have it gone in the matter of seconds was pretty devastating to say the least. Both insurance and police stated it was 100% his fault so ended up having everything covered after six, yes you heard me, SIX grueling weeks of dealing with his awful insurance. After initial inspection they were saying it possibly wouldn’t be totaled even though the airbags went off but after a full tear down inspection the repair estimate was roughly $31,000 and it was declared a total loss. I got this car from a dealer auction so I actually ended up making out pretty good on the insurance check. Only issue was when I started my search for another one with how the used car market is right now I couldn’t seem to find exactly what I was looking for anywhere. I had a few friends and family try to talk me into getting something else but I loved this car so much, even before I ever had one, and I knew only six months wasn’t nearly enough time with it. So I kept hunting around for one that matched the specs I wanted. Well after a little over another month and all the way from Chesapeake Virginia (I’m in Buffalo NY) I finally found what I was looking for!!
A beautiful fully loaded 2021 Midnight Black with Monaco Red interior Red Sport 400 AWD with the carbon fiber package and performance package!!!
Basically the same car I had just a few years newer and with a few more amenities. Had it delivered here from VA as I didn’t want to make the 600+ mile drive and risk rock chips all over my bumper before I could get ceramic coating and PPF done. I actually had it delivered to the shop I was getting everything done at and had it wrapped and coated right off the truck, (which you have no idea how hard it was not to jump right in and take it for a ride the second I saw it but I somehow managed 😂🤣).
I’ve had the new car for a few weeks now and I’m Absolutely falling in love with it all over again! Enjoying some of the new touches Infiniti has changed/added and the addition of Apple CarPlay has been a wonderful new addition for me.
Anyways just wanted to tell my story on here and introduce everyone to my new baby!!! Now to get to work on all the changes and mods I have to do to her 😎😂

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Grille Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Car

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Automotive design Comfort Car seat cover Motor vehicle Vehicle door
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
‘21 Infi Q60 RS400 AWD
13 Posts
Wow, that’s upsetting, but so glad you were able to upgrade to a 2021 model! When I was car shopping I was considering a 2019 model but ended up holding out, then coronavirus came around and pulled the trigger on my 2021 - the carplay/android auto is so good.

·
Registered
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400 AWD. Midnight Black/Monaco Red Interior/Silver Optic Fiber Trim
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, that’s upsetting, but so glad you were able to upgrade to a 2021 model! When I was car shopping I was considering a 2019 model but ended up holding out, then coronavirus came around and pulled the trigger on my 2021 - the carplay/android auto is so good.
Very upsetting situation but turned out to be a great outcome. Thank you though! It’s funny you say that after the accident I was thinking about upgrading a model year or two and I was looking at 2019‘s as well just couldn’t find the color combo I was looking for with all the packages so ended up pulling the trigger on this one. Right! CarPlay is a game changer!! I never had a vehicle with CarPlay but a bunch of my buddies have it and kept telling me how good it was. Definitely happy to have it in this car!

·
Registered
2022 Q60 Red Sport - Slate Gray/Monaco Red and full of AWESOMENESS!!!
246 Posts
Wow! I’m glad you’re okay and that it ultimately turned out even better!

Reactions: Cami60

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow my dude! i cant believe that full slammed into you pulling out from their house, wild! I'm actually in the same boat, I'm looking for a Q60RS or Q50RS at dealers auctions also. What auction did you get your Q60 from?

Well a little over 6 months of having my 2017 Red Sport sadly came to an end 😢 Had someone Fly full speed backing out of their driveway like fast and the furious and smashed into me. When I asked him “wtf happened, didn’t you turn your head to look behind you” his response was “I don’t know” 😑
Took me what seemed like forever to find this car and had everything on it Exactly how I wanted and to have it gone in the matter of seconds was pretty devastating to say the least. Both insurance and police stated it was 100% his fault so ended up having everything covered after six, yes you heard me, SIX grueling weeks of dealing with his awful insurance. After initial inspection they were saying it possibly wouldn’t be totaled even though the airbags went off but after a full tear down inspection the repair estimate was roughly $31,000 and it was declared a total loss. I got this car from a dealer auction so I actually ended up making out pretty good on the insurance check. Only issue was when I started my search for another one with how the used car market is right now I couldn’t seem to find exactly what I was looking for anywhere. I had a few friends and family try to talk me into getting something else but I loved this car so much, even before I ever had one, and I knew only six months wasn’t nearly enough time with it. So I kept hunting around for one that matched the specs I wanted. Well after a little over another month and all the way from Chesapeake Virginia (I’m in Buffalo NY) I finally found what I was looking for!!
A beautiful fully loaded 2021 Midnight Black with Monaco Red interior Red Sport 400 AWD with the carbon fiber package and performance package!!!
Basically the same car I had just a few years newer and with a few more amenities. Had it delivered here from VA as I didn’t want to make the 600+ mile drive and risk rock chips all over my bumper before I could get ceramic coating and PPF done. I actually had it delivered to the shop I was getting everything done at and had it wrapped and coated right off the truck, (which you have no idea how hard it was not to jump right in and take it for a ride the second I saw it but I somehow managed 😂🤣).
I’ve had the new car for a few weeks now and I’m Absolutely falling in love with it all over again! Enjoying some of the new touches Infiniti has changed/added and the addition of Apple CarPlay has been a wonderful new addition for me.
Anyways just wanted to tell my story on here and introduce everyone to my new baby!!! Now to get to work on all the changes and mods I have to do to her 😎😂

View attachment 25512
View attachment 25510
View attachment 25511
View attachment 25509 View attachment 25513 View attachment 25514

·
Registered
56 Posts
wow.....the damage doesnt really look that bad, i'm very surprised it would cost $31K to fix that, seems like minor body / door damage and the air bags... but the new Q60 is beautiful though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts