Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

Just want to introduce myself here as I hope to be an active member instead of a lurker. This is my first Infiniti. I've had my Q60 for exactly one month now and man I love this car!:D

I've dubbed the car "Shadow Q" :) Only mods so far are tint, CF wrap on door handles and chrome fender accents, and debadge of side 3.0T emblems.

Attachments

Reactions: Garnoch

·
Registered
479 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum! Car looks awesome! I plan to get the graphite shadow when I do pick one up. The carbon fiber additions look good! What percent tint is that?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!...This is 20%

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
How did you debadge it? Maybe I'll just leave the Red "S". :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How did you debadge it? Maybe I'll just leave the Red "S". :)
I used floss, its very simple :D
Make sure to have goo-be-gone or adhesive remover as well. Getting all the glue off afterwards is the toughest part. If you have a heat gun it makes the job even easier.

Reactions: Bevo Horn

·
Registered
2020 Q60 Red Sport AWD
19 Posts
Really like the CF wrapping! Did you do that yourself? If so, could you pass along the product you used?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Really like the CF wrapping! Did you do that yourself? If so, could you pass along the product you used?
Yeah absolutely! It's 3M 1080 black carbon fiber vinyl. Very simple to install.
I would link you to the amazon link but I guess my account is too new. Just google "3M 1080 carbon fiber" and it was one of the top links.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congratulations. That looks real nice and I love the carbon additions. Do you plan on wrapping anything else in the carbon ??

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the forums and congratulations. That looks real nice and I love the carbon additions. Do you plan on wrapping anything else in the carbon ??
I have more of the wrap but I haven't decided what I want to do with it. I was thinking about wrapping the chrome accents under the fog LEDs although those would be difficult to do. Any ideas?

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have more of the wrap but I haven't decided what I want to do with it. I was thinking about wrapping the chrome accents under the fog LEDs although those would be difficult to do. Any ideas?
Have you wrapped the chrome side vents? The fog light accents would also be another good option if not too difficult.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Have you wrapped the chrome side vents? The fog light accents would also be another good option if not too difficult.
You mean the one in my picture? ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LOL, yeah those. Maybe the wifey is right and I am unobservant, LOL. Would definetly do the fog chrome accents then if not to time difficult.[/QUOTE]

Lol! I get that everyday from the wife for not listening... we will see, I may have some time this weekend to wrap those fog light accents. I'll post pics if I do.

Reactions: Q602B

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think the wrapping the grill surround would be too much, but it'll definitely look nice with wrapped fog light accents.
I'm inclined to agree with you about the grill and window trim at the moment. They don't look bad to me personally. I definitely want to do fog accents!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts