Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Thoughts on Simoniz Glass Coat? Wasn't aware they'd offer it.
I think it depends on what is covered, the warranty they offer, and the value to you. I personally am planning on getting a combination of Xpel and ceramic coating applied on my Q60 (depending on total cost) but I may just get lazy/cheap and go with a simple Xpel front bra....after all, I've never had a dealer tell me I took exceptionally good care of a car and so they are prepared to add an additional $1,000 on top of the KBB/NDA value. I'm not arguing for or against, just that going either way is really a decision only you can make for your long term peace of mind.

However, I've heard the value in Simoniz is the warranty that they offer if the "stain, etc" cannot be taken out. In most cases, I would think it doesn't apply but in the event you ever get marinara on your headliner (how??) and can't get it out, I understand that Simoniz would cover the replacement costs of a brand new headliner.

TL;DR - Marinara is dangerous and should be classified as a hazardous substance to automotive interiors >:)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Good to read up on reviews of a product from those who have tried it before buying. I did a bit of research on the Simoniz Glass Coat and it doesn't sound that great, maybe the warranty alone is worth it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I think it depends on what is covered, the warranty they offer, and the value to you. I personally am planning on getting a combination of Xpel and ceramic coating applied on my Q60 (depending on total cost) but I may just get lazy/cheap and go with a simple Xpel front bra....after all, I've never had a dealer tell me I took exceptionally good care of a car and so they are prepared to add an additional $1,000 on top of the KBB/NDA value. I'm not arguing for or against, just that going either way is really a decision only you can make for your long term peace of mind.

However, I've heard the value in Simoniz is the warranty that they offer if the "stain, etc" cannot be taken out. In most cases, I would think it doesn't apply but in the event you ever get marinara on your headliner (how??) and can't get it out, I understand that Simoniz would cover the replacement costs of a brand new headliner.

TL;DR - Marinara is dangerous and should be classified as a hazardous substance to automotive interiors >:)
Yes people buy it for the warranty but if you read the stories you can see how much headache is involved and how many are denied. So that alone makes you go the other route of simply detailing your car once a year or twice for 150-200. A good Waxing will protect the paint.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Yes people buy it for the warranty but if you read the stories you can see how much headache is involved and how many are denied. So that alone makes you go the other route of simply detailing your car once a year or twice for 150-200. A good Waxing will protect the paint.
I personally have never used it or anything like it tbh. But it's not surprising that getting something covered under warranty may be difficult...that why I said it would depend on a bunch of stuff and at the end of the day, it's up to the individual to decide if it's value added to them.

I'm personally having a somewhat difficult time coming up with a financial justification myself apart from potential peace of mind with an Xpel/ceramic combo. The Xpel seems more value add than a ceramic paint coating..to me at least.

·
Registered
591 Posts
IMO, a protective wrap is better as you can simply remove it for replacement. Also gives me a peace of mind to know that there's a layer on top instead of just a ceramic paint coating even if they work well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts