Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q60 Luxe
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Forgive my ignorance but I have an idea and want to know if it would work. So, I just purchased and installed the Infiniti Helmholtz axelback exhaust on my 2018 Q60 Luxe. It's cool and all, but I'm quickly realizing that what I really want is a full catback exhaust system.

I figure I could either try to sell my effectively brand new Infiniti axelback and then get a full catback setup from FI or whomever. That would be the expensive route and I would definitely lose $ on the axelback. That got me wondering...

Can I pair my Infiniti axelback with, say, this Rev9 midpipe and Y-pipe... Would that give me basically a full catback system at that point?

Fyi- here is the Rev9 kit that got me thinking about this: Rev9 Stainless Midpipe Middle +Y pipe Exhaust for 3.0 Turbo Q60 17-19, Q50 16-19 | eBay

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 Q60 Luxe
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you install mid and y pipe then yes you would have a cat back system....which currently is the exact set up I have on my car
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Do you like the setup? Does it sound good? Anything else you' can tell me about it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
if you install mid and y pipe then yes you would have a cat back system....which currently is the exact set up I have on my car
this is the exact set up i am looking to run so i was just wondering if it is obnoxiously loud and if it’ll pass state inspections

·
Registered
6 Posts
sorry my bad I misread your question, I have Revel (which is made by Tanabe) mid and y pipes on my car not Rev9. if you do get that set up you may want to invest in resonators as well for in my opinion a cleaner exhaust sound.

·
Registered
7 Posts
sorry my bad I misread your question, I have Revel (which is made by Tanabe) mid and y pipes on my car not Rev9. if you do get that set up you may want to invest in resonators as well for in my opinion a cleaner exhaust sound.
Do you have a resonanted set up? if so could you lmk

·
Registered
191 Posts
I thought about going that route before biting the bullet and going FI. I'd rec. going with the Revel pieces if you are going resonated. Otherwise you'll end up spending the or more money to have the Rev9's cut up to be able to weld the new resonators inline.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I thought about going that route before biting the bullet and going FI. I'd rec. going with the Revel pieces if you are going resonated. Otherwise you'll end up spending the or more money to have the Rev9's cut up to be able to weld the new resonators inline.
yeah most likely going to sell my Axelback and get that FI resonated cbe with the 10 inch mufflers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts