Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Q is on the way to the shop. I'm on my way to the hospital. No major injuries thank God but having some pain in my neck and back.

These idiots out here in L.A. Guy was texting probably didn't see me coming out of the parking lot then claims he accidentally hit the GAS instead of the brakes!!! Plows into the driver's side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
346 Posts
Oh **** man, sorry to hear that! Hoping your neck is ok. Some good down time for new plans and re-factoring of old ones bro.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Texting drivers should be shot on sight
The thing that bothers me is at least back in the day you could attempt to scare idiots with brake checks, holding ground on lane changes & merges etc. Nowadays I find with texting, they are so oblivious that I have to constantly be in defensive mode otherwise I'll simply be smashed into.

·
Registered
447 Posts
i'm glad the car did it job and protected you. driving in ABQ...the moron level is downtown LA times 50. I also assume the other person is a idiot and i'm never disappointed lol.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Depending on how much damage to the rear quarter, the B pillar, the door, and the rocker panel, along with airbag(s) replacement and hidden unibody damage, this might be a total.

·
Super Moderator
2,535 Posts
The thing that bothers me is at least back in the day you could attempt to scare idiots with brake checks, holding ground on lane changes & merges etc. Nowadays I find with texting, they are so oblivious that I have to constantly be in defensive mode otherwise I'll simply be smashed into.
When it's not raining I ride to and from work. I just assume that I'm invisible.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hope you're ok. Did they fault you for the accident since you pulled out?

Don't know yet. Of course the other driver is gonna say I pulled out in front of him. I'm on my way to the doctor this morning.

I've retained an attorney that I've worked with for years and he's going to handle all of the back and forth with the insurance companies.

Unfortunately anytime the bags deploy...could be a total loss

·
Registered
447 Posts
Don't know yet. Of course the other driver is gonna say I pulled out in front of him. I'm on my way to the doctor this morning.

I've retained an attorney that I've worked with for years and he's going to handle all of the back and forth with the insurance companies.

Unfortunately anytime the bags deploy...could be a total loss

hopefully everything checks out with the doctor.

with that much damage...i would opt to total it unless you paid cash for the car.

If its a lease definitly total it lol.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This blows :/ And with the schmucks texting and driving in Austin, it's exactly why I started looking into dash cams last night!
People's licenses should just be revoked for texting. It's an epidemic here in L.A, also.
Wasn't it in Austin that a whole family got killed a few weeks ago where the driver was texting and ran UNDER a tractor trailer truck or something?

Just put the phone down - it can wait! If I had been a pedestrian or on a bike, I would've been messed up.

That's why I haven't gotten a bike. It's just too dangerous out here in So Cal.

My best friend just installed a 360 deg hi resolution monitoring system on his car. That's gonna be my next "mod".

I sure wish I had put it in before yesterday. Top of the list now.

We'll see about the car. Body shop says it's about 50/50 for the total. It's not a lease. Purchased it - and financing it, through Carvana.

Fortunate - it could have been much worse.

Thanks for all of your shout outs!

Trying to rest a bit but in a lot of pain... :(

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just got off the phone with my best friend Dave. He feels so bad for me.

He's gonna come over tomorrow on his bike

and we're gonna hang out.

He says that whenever I do get my car back he's gonna treat me to a purchase and installation of high res streaming video cameras.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts