Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He seems fairly excited about the car...I think ;). The drive was interesting. He beat on that car like a redheaded stepchild...I sincerely hope it's a press car that won't be sold to a poor unsuspecting customer. It has "manufacturer" plates so hopefully it won't end up in someone's hands.

·
Registered
466 Posts
LOL, that's why I prefer to by new. Hopefully, your right and its a press car or they will offer a very deep discount to whoever buys it.

·
Super Moderator
2,823 Posts
Eh, it's ok :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
I must've watched his review(s) about a dozen times since they were posted.

Sucks for the person that unfortunately buys this test car. But I would not want a review of a car any other way. He literally drove it, like he stole it.

Reactions: Morpheus

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hahahaa this guy is driving the crap out of it. *Hold on, we're going to launch this* *Tries to preload and ends up chirping tires before taking off*

He's having so much darn fun!

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I must've watched his review(s) about a dozen times since they were posted.

Sucks for the person that unfortunately buys this test car. But I would not want a review of a car any other way. He literally drove it, like he stole it.
I'm in complete agreement. That's the reason why manufacturers will make press cars available for the automotive journalists. The idea is that these press cars are pre-production vehicles (so no VIN) and will be crushed after so no worries if the journalists beat on them or crash them. Soemtimes, they get put on display as well.

But it's been awhile since production started on the Q60. So I'm not sure if any press only cars are still around...but this car is manufacturer plated....soo much confusion.

·
Registered
114 Posts
If it has manufacturer plates on, it's probably headed for the crusher. With how many people drive those things and the way they're driven, no potential buyer would want it unless it's very discounted.

Heck, we probably wouldn't even want a Q60 off the dealership lot that has some mileage on it from test drivers.

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heck, we probably wouldn't even want a Q60 off the dealership lot that has some mileage on it from test drivers.
I'm in agreement to an extent as long as the additional mileage is not too high. If it was 10-30miles extra, I could justify it although I would always wonder if the miles were put on while following the break in procedure.

I know I followed the break in process when test driving an RS400 in November but not everyone would do that because it means not fully experiencing the car. More dealers should have models for test drivers only but that's an investment that many would not really want to make.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm in agreement to an extent as long as the additional mileage is not too high. If it was 10-30miles extra, I could justify it although I would always wonder if the miles were put on while following the break in procedure.

I know I followed the break in process when test driving an RS400 in November but not everyone would do that because it means not fully experiencing the car. More dealers should have models for test drivers only but that's an investment that many would not really want to make.
I'm glad mine only had 6 miles on it.

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm glad mine only had 6 miles on it.
I expect my car when it comes in to be low mileage as well since I've specifically ordered it. No reason they should be letting anyone test drive a car that has been sold (or has a deposit on it at least). I'd be po'd if I found they let someone beat on my car in such a case. I'd walk away from the deal or tell them to make it worth my while since they obviously didn't respect me or value my business...wooo....got a little hot under the color there!

Breathe....just breathe!!:D

·
Registered
250 Posts
I expect my car when it comes in to be low mileage as well since I've specifically ordered it. No reason they should be letting anyone test drive a car that has been sold (or has a deposit on it at least). I'd be po'd if I found they let someone beat on my car in such a case. I'd walk away from the deal or tell them to make it worth my while since they obviously didn't respect me or value my business...wooo....got a little hot under the color there!

Breathe....just breathe!!:D
Yours will be low mileage like mine. If you order it, they don't let anyone drive it.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Understandable for a new car to have a few miles on it so long as it's not excessive. New cars need to be inspected and taken on a test drive by the dealership. But anything in the triple digits is sketchy to me.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Red Sport Review

See video below.

Do you think this guy likes the Red Sport 400. Lol

·
Registered
591 Posts
There's still a lot of reviews streaming in these days for the new Q60 and most of them are all for the coupe. Even if it's not the RS 400, the Q60 is still a dazzling luxury vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
2,823 Posts
I think I'll keep mine

1 - 16 of 16 Posts