Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
god fucking damnit, someone just hit my driver side mirror housing while trying to parallel park probably....
any idea where i can get a replacement?

do you guys think i can just replace the black trim and leave the white housing alone? anyone have suggestions on where i can get a replacement?

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
The scuff could probably be buffed out of the white piece but the black trim part may be able to be bought separately. I would inquire with your dealership parts department to see if they could get their hands on it.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
I am not a violent man, but this kind of s*** would make me go crazy. In fact, stuff like this has made me go crazy....dragged out a half asleep, half naked neighbor one time to put the fear of god into him after his brother slammed his Camaro door into the wife's car!!!!:mad:

And that car was a friggin Dodge Dart!!!:eek:

OP, I feel for you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not a violent man, but this kind of s*** would make me go crazy. In fact, stuff like this has made me go crazy....dragged out a half asleep, half naked neighbor one time to put the fear of god into him after his brother slammed his Camaro door into the wife's car!!!!:mad:

And that car was a friggin Dodge Dart!!!:eek:

OP, I feel for you.
terrible fcking weekend for me and the car, found a ding above my passenger rear wheel fender from someone probably opening their door ... and now this

·
Registered
199 Posts
...found a ding above my passenger rear wheel fender from someone probably opening their door ... and now this
Man, that Sucks! Sorry to hear that.

Most people are inconsiderate, self-absorbed idiots. Just look at all the shopping carts stuck in planters 20' feet from the cart rack or left right there in the parking space. For this reason and all the others I have zero problem parking 200' away in a lot 100' from the nearest car. I'm not a douche that takes up 2 spaces or parks all sideways but I do get as far away from people as I can because most people just don't care or are even aware their ass is making their door bump, bump, bump into the car next to them as they load their kids and goods.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man, that Sucks! Sorry to hear that.

Most people are inconsiderate, self-absorbed idiots. Just look at all the shopping carts stuck in planters 20' feet from the cart rack or left right there in the parking space. For this reason and all the others I have zero problem parking 200' away in a lot 100' from the nearest car. I'm not a douche that takes up 2 spaces or parks all sideways but I do get as far away from people as I can because most people just don't care or are even aware their ass is making their door bump, bump, bump into the car next to them as they load their kids and goods.
yeah, i do my best to park far away as well but sometimes that isnt possible..

anyone know where i can get a replacement part?
I dont need to change out the white housing, just the black trim.
dealership quoted me 609 for the whole housing, cant even get the trim part seperately.

·
Registered
500 Posts
This might be a good time to consider getting clear film put on. Getting a dent isn't so bad, most can be popped out, but its when paint gets damaged that you should really be concerned.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Want to see something bad?
Last Tuesday a woman rammed into my car parked...door open while I was about to close the door and go home.

Since this thread is here, what is the knowledge with Infiniti and diminished value? Do I pay them or they don't care?
Holy Fcuk that sucks.

Not 100% sure about your question, but my last vehicle, a 2014 Maxima was leased and was was rear ended pretty good in a parking lot. That said, the accident was reported and it was repaired through insurance. Once the lease expired, upon inspection, they noted a scuff wheel and that was it. I never received any kind of bill/invoice in the mail for diminished value due to a accident reported on the carfax.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no paint damage, i can polish off the scuff easily. its the broken plastic that i need to replace

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Last Tuesday a woman rammed into my car parked...door open while I was about to close the door and go home.

Since this thread is here, what is the knowledge with Infiniti and diminished value? Do I pay them or they don't care?
dude that is ****** up, did you get it fixed yet? howd that go for you?

ask the adjuster if they will cover for diminished value when your lease is up and see if they will cover it, some states allow for DV claims upon return/sale of the vehicle

·
Registered
591 Posts
I tried my best, but I can't find an online source for that small black plastic bit. You may have to ask your dealership to order one for you.

And holy cow, people need to learn to drive!

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
lord these pics are aweful. If someone did that to my baby I'd be in jail I fear.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I tried my best, but I can't find an online source for that small black plastic bit. You may have to ask your dealership to order one for you.

And holy cow, people need to learn to drive!
My salesman helped me - when i first called the parts department they told me i had to pay 610 dollars for the whole fcking housing and i couldnt order the parts separately

called out that BS by talking to my salesman and he talked to the parts department for me - PART#963544GA0A was what i need.

106.99 for the part only, but the price is half that online.. going to the dealer tonight to talk to them and order it.
much better than 610 for the whole **** thing.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
My salesman helped me - when i first called the parts department they told me i had to pay 610 dollars for the whole fcking housing and i couldnt order the parts separately

called out that BS by talking to my salesman and he talked to the parts department for me - PART#963544GA0A was what i need.

106.99 for the part only, but the price is half that online.. going to the dealer tonight to talk to them and order it.
much better than 610 for the whole **** thing.
I'd definitely recommend trying to negotiate it based on the online pricing that you find. Tell them which site or which Infiniti dealership. In my case when I was negotiating the cost of some replacement trim, I told them how much I could get it from Grubbs Infiniti (they have an online site for Infiniti & Nissan parts) and asked them to match it or come close. They dropped their price from $950 to $540..which was acceptable for me.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts

Holy cow!! :eek:

The good news is once it's fixed and turned in, you don't have to worry about the diminished value. That is one the best things about leasing a vehicle...the fact you don't get impacted as much from diminished value in cases where there is damage to the car or the car gets written off.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
went in to do exactly that, then they tell me that i actually have to replace the whole housing again for 450 + labor
idk if anyone can tell me if part # 963544GA0A includes the black plastic trim to replace?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had my car exactly one week. I have gone to the grocery store twice in that time. Both times I make a point in parking in the middle of nowhere....by myself. Both times an ******* has parked right beside me.
Last night it was some young idiot in a H2 Hummer....parks right beside me and there was 1/2 an acre of parking available. I don't get it.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
went in to do exactly that, then they tell me that i actually have to replace the whole housing again for 450 + labor
idk if anyone can tell me if part # 963544GA0A includes the black plastic trim to replace?
It does seem like it does...see link - https://www.nissaninfinitiparts.com/oem-parts/infiniti-mirror-head-963544ga0a

Looks to be cheaper here but I don't know how trustworthy this place is - https://www.parts.com/index.cfm?fus...7&diagram=3847600&Title=-w/memory-MIRROR-HEAD

And here - https://www.infinitipartsdeal.com/parts/infiniti-body-door-mirro~96354-4ga0a.html

I've used the first site for parts ( Grubbs Infiniti) before. No issues. :nerd:

·
Registered
327 Posts
You're dealership is on some sort of glue. Did you speak with the sales guy again and tell him ?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts