Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious has anyone's sonar detection system been tripping after running the car through the car wash. This is the first time it has happen. I've looked at the sensors from the front and they're not pushed in. Yet the system is detecting proximity still. I have a MY 2018 Red Sport. It's been about 3 days since the wash so I have had to turn off the sonar since it alarms when switching from park to reverse, but it also goes off when driving forward.

·
Registered
2019 Q60 S3.0t Red Sport 400 AWD
30 Posts
I'm curious has anyone's sonar detection system been tripping after running the car through the car wash. This is the first time it has happen. I've looked at the sensors from the front and they're not pushed in. Yet the system is detecting proximity still. I have a MY 2018 Red Sport. It's been about 3 days since the wash so I have had to turn off the sonar since it alarms when switching from park to reverse, but it also goes off when driving forward.
Sorry dude, but my Q60 RS will NEVER get scratched to **** in a car wash. All handwashing and waxing for me...

·
Registered
540 Posts
Never took mine through a car wash but have driven in heavy rainstorms on highway going 50 plus and had a front sensor go offline until I turned the Car off and then back on again.

Reactions: Queue60RS

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I'm aware of the heavy rain would trip it especially when I was up in the PNW during my Naval career. As for the car wash ordeal there's not many hand washing stations mostly drive-thru, and I don't have a pave driveway where I live at. Gotta work with what's convenient for me. I miss the brown bear car wash location in Washington state. My Q60 used to look showroom detailed that would last about 2 weeks. I'm lucky to make a week down here on the island in Texas.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Wow great summer opportunity for some kids to make a few bucks and use some free water from a public place or neighborhood! It's a great vehicle and all clean ups bring it back to its fine shine 😎

1 - 6 of 6 Posts