Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this earlier this morning and thought I would post it up here. If this is successful, there might be a chance to get more mods for our cars. AMS is known for good quality (and high prices) in the GTR world as well as for breaking multiple GTR platform records at the drag strip.

https://www.amsperformance.com/infiniti-q60-red-alpha

THE CONCEPT
Infiniti USA approached Alpha Performance with a compelling idea. They are interested in collaborating with AMS to build and market the ultimate Infiniti Q50 & Q60 “Red Sports.” The Red Sport is their answer to competitors’ sport package equipped sedans and coupes. They closely followed Alpha Performance’s aftermarket development of the Nissan R35 GT-R platform and AMS’ ultimate street car, Alpha Omega. They are interested in taking their Q50 & Q60 platforms to nearly that same level of performance. Infiniti has a proud and storied motorsports heritage. They are not only interested in taking on the competition, but taking them on, and winning.
More can be found at the link posted above :D

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Hmmmm, electronic waste gate actuators. I wonder if the waste gates are open at cold start and that's the reason for the extra noise?

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is very promising.
I would love to be able to tune our red sports to dominate the competition!
Let's go, AMS Alpha.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Would this be Infiniti's aswer to BMW's Dinan?

I like the idea. But they will need to be careful if the AMS becomes a more viable option for potential customers than their planned Black Sport.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That typo in the page title is killing me. "Infinity USA & Alpha Performance..."
The original post had "Infiniti" misspelled as "Infinity" throughout the entire article. I just couldn't deal with it....Thankfully they corrected it, except for the main title which they cannot change anymore (everything's stays forever on the internet after all lol)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Now this would be dope! Recently seen Gidi break into the 6 second mark with the AMS Alpha GTR ! These guys produce some incredible builds and parts!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Higher stall doesn't really help a car unless it strictly a drag car. Raising the rpm stall makes it a pain to drive around daily, as you'll need much higher rpms just to move it. For example getting into a parking spot, and a lot of other everyday stuff..

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If they're upgrading the torque converter, I would hope a transmission upgrade would also be in the works. One thing that was always disappointing to me in the past was that most of the really good aftermarket performance bits were always meant for the RWD version only. Wonder if that will change this go around?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Will also need larger/smoother exhaust system...including real dual mufflers vs the stock cross flow muffler. IMO the Red Sport needs this now...not just if larger turbo's are installed.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Will also need larger/smoother exhaust system...including real dual mufflers vs the stock cross flow muffler. IMO the Red Sport needs this now...not just if larger turbo's are installed.

Bob
Bob, Fast Intentions may be able to fill your immediate exhaust needs. I personally have not used them but many of the members here have and I have yet to hear or read anything negative on them.

Here's the link to their website (they have sound clips as well) - VR30DDTT: 2017+, Fast Intentions

I would have already gotten their lower down pipes at a minimum but my goal is to keep the car as close to stock as I can and only mod with Infiniti released or approved aftermarket add-ons so that my warranty status is never in question. It sucks since I'd like a meaner exhaust...I'm just going to have to wait for Infiniti's upcoming muffler version axleback.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
If they're upgrading the torque converter, I would hope a transmission upgrade would also be in the works. One thing that was always disappointing to me in the past was that most of the really good aftermarket performance bits were always meant for the RWD version only. Wonder if that will change this go around?
This reminded me that when I was at the dealership last chatting with one of their mechanics who's a turbo nut I asked about concerns over the transmission and he said he felt JATCO underrated the 7AT tranny. Ultimately he said the best thing to do would be to add a transmission cooler since heat would be the real killer of it unless someone seriously cranked up the torque. He explained how that's what he did for his boosted 370Z which has the tranny and he's never had a problem with it.

While I always take advice like this with a grain of salt, an independent transmission cooler rad isn't a bad suggestion and they're actually pretty simple things to install in concept since its just an addition within the cooling loop. I put it at the bottom of my project list but after the intake and dp's I may drop the front fascia to see exactly what kind of space and work adding one would take up.

·
Registered
359 Posts
This reminded me that when I was at the dealership last chatting with one of their mechanics who's a turbo nut I asked about concerns over the transmission and he said he felt JATCO underrated the 7AT tranny. Ultimately he said the best thing to do would be to add a transmission cooler since heat would be the real killer of it unless someone seriously cranked up the torque. He explained how that's what he did for his boosted 370Z which has the tranny and he's never had a problem with it.

While I always take advice like this with a grain of salt, an independent transmission cooler rad isn't a bad suggestion and they're actually pretty simple things to install in concept since its just an addition within the cooling loop. I put it at the bottom of my project list but after the intake and dp's I may drop the front fascia to see exactly what kind of space and work adding one would take up.
According to Infiniti the Q60 has dual transmission coolers, is this not the case? (they did lie about entry/exit assist)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Any updates on this?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts