Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2018, Q60 LUXE twin turbo
247 Posts
Took the plunge and bought the 145/80R17 wheel off ebay. It fits great on the 3.0T Premium with the 12.6'' front brakes. I couldnt add pics below but there is clearance for the brake caliper, also because of those welded blocks, having the spare and jack in the trunk doesnt leave much room left over for anything else.

I'm wondering can you take a dremel tool and cut them out, to allow the spare to fit flush?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm wondering can you take a dremel tool and cut them out, to allow the spare to fit flush?
I bet you can cut them out with a grinder, not sure though if they serve any structural purpose. I would cut mine but I leased not knowing if I could live with a 2-Door Coupe for long, so definitely won't be cutting anything on it for at least another year, if I decide to buy it.

I also didnt buy the nissan scissor jack/lift kit since theres comps in the $30 range instead of $80 for the nissan brand ones. The spare ran about $90 off ebay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm using a '08 G37S RWD spare in my '17 Q60S RS400 AWD. Cutting out the blocks will serve NO purpose in the Q with this set-up. The diameter of the tire is bigger than the floor pan in the Q. I wish I'd have kept the hold down bolt too. I have it in the trunk w/ the G37's foam tool holder. The Q60's foam floor will NOT go back in w/o modifications.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2017 Q60 Red sport spare tire

The spare tire that fits the 2017 q60 RS is the Enkei 18 x 4T. I used one from a Nissan 370z. I prepared the trunk by leaving the square stock support brackets that are welded in the spare hole and cutting out the existing styrofoam floor to allow the spare to lay down onto the trunk floor. They blocks actually support the new spare at the right height to lay the spare in on top in a level position. Then I ordered styrofoam and cut sections to lay around spare and cut them to the right height to create a level floor. I then laid a styrofoam tool holder in the center of the spare from a g37 and it’s jack kit. I got all these parts including the spare from eBay except the styrofoam I ordered from amazon. I think the total cost was around $250. The new depth of the trunk is around 14.5 inches. I can live with that.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,800 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Took the plunge and bought the 145/80R17 wheel off ebay. It fits great on the 3.0T Premium with the 12.6'' front brakes. I couldnt add pics below but there is clearance for the brake caliper, also because of those welded blocks, having the spare and jack in the trunk doesnt leave much room left over for anything else.

Hey Larry, thanks for the post - i'm in the same situation, i have the same Q60, need to get 4 tires, dont want to buy the **** dunlop RF's. is the spare tire/wheel you bought originally for G37 or 370Z ?
Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just got a Q60 with the 255/40/19 RFs. I stopped by our local discount tire direct branch and they compared our OEM tire to the Spare 145/70/18 size listed and gave me the following differences:
Spare OEM
26" Dia. 27" Dia.
81.6 Circ. 84.9" Circ.
776 RP/Mile 746 RP/Mile

he said I should check this is okay before he orders me anything. Anyone want to chime in with thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,800 Posts
Just got a Q60 with the 255/40/19 RFs. I stopped by our local discount tire direct branch and they compared our OEM tire to the Spare 145/70/18 size listed and gave me the following differences:
Spare OEM
26" Dia. 27" Dia.
81.6 Circ. 84.9" Circ.
776 RP/Mile 746 RP/Mile

he said I should check this is okay before he orders me anything. Anyone want to chime in with thoughts?
Since I have a RWD I'm only going to use the spare on the front. So, If i get a flat on the rear that I can't repair, I'll just move a front wheel to the rear and the spare on the front.

Reactions: GAJetpilot

·
Registered
1 Posts
2017 Q60 Red sport spare tire

The spare tire that fits the 2017 q60 RS is the Enkei 18 x 4T. I used one from a Nissan 370z. I prepared the trunk by leaving the square stock support brackets that are welded in the spare hole and cutting out the existing styrofoam floor to allow the spare to lay down onto the trunk floor. They blocks actually support the new spare at the right height to lay the spare in on top in a level position. Then I ordered styrofoam and cut sections to lay around spare and cut them to the right height to create a level floor. I then laid a styrofoam tool holder in the center of the spare from a g37 and it’s jack kit. I got all these parts including the spare from eBay except the styrofoam I ordered from amazon. I think the total cost was around $250. The new depth of the trunk is around 14.5 inches. I can live with that.
Nice!

·
Registered
14 Posts
My Q60 is my daily driver and I hate the run flat tires so I need a spare tire. I went with an 18” alloy spare off eBay and found a foam tool kit insert on eBay with a factory jack. EngineeredQ50 did a great job making a foam surround but I really wanted my install to look stock. There are 3 factory foam pieces that surround the spare- 84977-5CA2A (front), 849A8-5CB0A (right), and 849A9-5CB0A. I cut the existing front foam piece to accommodate the tire and looked for the side pieces at scrap yards with no luck. I bit the bullet and bought the two side pieces- best price I found was Infiniti Wholesale Direct- about $250 shipped- crazy for 2 pieces of foam but it looks stock. As others have said, the install robs 4-6” from the already tiny trunk but it’s worth it for me.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts