Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 2017 RS400 AWD last month with 17K miles. It has almost 2 years left on warranty.

I'm torn if which to buy first;
1) Wheels + Lowering Springs
2) Either AMS Stage 3 (minus the air filters because the car came with Stillen filters) or JB4 + LDP + HE

I mean the car is already fast but I want that under 4 sec 0-60. The main reason I'm hesitant to do performance this time is because I don't want to void the warranty.

Either way I think I'll be happy but I want someone to push me out of the edge. =) Any input is greatly appreciated...by the way I love the Forum!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
1) Wheels + Lowering Springs -- will also help with 0-60
2) JB4 + LDP + HE -- + or - on the HE depending on where you live and/or how you'll use the car. A cat-back would net more hp for a few $$. HE will allow multiple pulls, must have for hot climates
Why not both? Depending on budget and how much you drop on wheels/tires, you should be able to get 1&2 above for about the price of the Stage 3.

AMS Stage 3 will void the warranty due to the ECUTek tuning. :(

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@tstod88 ok that makes it a lot easier knowing that AMS ST3 will void warranty.

I live in Skokie, IL (north of Chicago)...I guess I can hold on buying the HE since its cold here most of the year.

I'll start buying the performance parts first then Wheels and Springs by late May early June.

So my shopping list is JB4, LDP and CBE. Please direct a brother out where can I get the most bang for my buck$!

·
Registered
639 Posts
@tstod88 ok that makes it a lot easier knowing that AMS ST3 will void warranty.

I live in Skokie, IL (north of Chicago)...I guess I can hold on buying the HE since its cold here most of the year.

I'll start buying the performance parts first then Wheels and Springs by late May early June.

So my shopping list is JB4, LDP and CBE. Please direct a brother out where can I get the most bang for my buck$!

A couple things:
  • Trash the Stillen intakes. I've seen waaaayyy too many complain about problems with them.
  • AMS has probably the best products out there for our Qs, but you're paying top dollar for the name. Fast Intentions would also be an excellent source for parts.
  • If you're trying to go the fastest you can make it, skip the JB4 and go right to ECUtek. The tune you'll get will be much better/faster.
  • Tune/LDPs/JB4 will all void your warranty if you don't take them off prior to bringing your car in for service.
--Speaking from experience. Rod knock at 36k. Took all parts off prior to bringing it in. Dealer still knew I had CBE on there, but you can't in any legitimacy blame knock on a CBE. Engine replaced under warranty. They, surprisingly, said nothing about my ECU flash count. Some dealers are not as cool with mods as others

·
Super Moderator
2,045 Posts
  • Trash the Stillen intakes. I've seen waaaayyy too many complain about problems with them.
I know it's money down the drain but....I completely agree with @spyderman7000 . The Stillen intakes allegedly caused too many issues with our cars to where many people were returning them or trying to only to get shafted in the process (allegedly :) ). Stillen used to be here on the forum but even they went silent after forum members posted issues they were having...again...allegedly :).

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To me the car is running great with Stillen. Maybe I'm missing something...what should I watch out for to know if the CAI are causing issues?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered the 3-pack Valvoline oil from Walmart and ordered 4-filters at Infiniti Naperville. Should be here Saturday for my weekend work.

Do I have a spacers and where is the Power Steering fluid?

·
Registered
652 Posts
I ordered the 3-pack Valvoline oil from Walmart and ordered 4-filters at Infiniti Naperville. Should be here Saturday for my weekend work.

Do I have a spacers and where is the Power Steering fluid?
Nope, it doesn't appear you have wheel spacers. That round plug with the groove is on the face of the rotor and is removable for accessing/(adjusting) the parking brake (star wheel).

Oh, and the Q50s & Q60s w/VR30s have electric steering as standard. A $1000 option was Direct Adaptive Steering, or DAS.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Decided to go for the looks because I'm kinda ok with the power for now =)

I ordered Rohana RFX11 gloss black with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus.

20x9 245/35/20 (22mm offset)
20x11 285/30/20 (25mm offset)

When I get the set...I'll decide to either buy springs or coilovers. Leaning towards the springs to keep the DDS.

Hope I will not have any rubbing issue.

·
Registered
639 Posts
To me the car is running great with Stillen. Maybe I'm missing something...what should I watch out for to know if the CAI are causing issues?

A LOT of people were experiencing jerks and CELs with the Stillens when they first came out. It wasn't everyone and a lot of people also had no issues. I think it had something to do with the inlets or MAF sensor. Apparently they have remedied the issue since then. Maybe you're one of the lucky ones?

·
Registered
652 Posts
When I get the set...I'll decide to either buy springs or coilovers. Leaning towards the springs to keep the DDS.

Hope I will not have any rubbing issue.
Yes, I wanted to keep the DDS, too. My solution:

Infiniti Q60 3.0t Sport/Red Sport AWD Best*i Active Coilovers 2017+

The main reason I'm going this route is not only to preserve the DDS function, but also the coil-over shock/springs are tuned together. I've hit-or-miss success in the past when installing lowering springs on stock shocks, typically with some loss of ride quality.

I'll likely have these installed this summer.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@IridiumRS400 yes I saw this from your previous post. I agree with you best option for lowering our cars but **** so expen$ive. I'll see how the new wheels will look on the car with the stock suspension.

If I can tolerate the look for a year then I should have enough saved up for Summer 2021.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts