Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Q60S for about a month now. It used to give me audible warnings when approaching speedtraps. But now those warnings seem to have ceased and I'm trying to figure out how to get them back. At the bottom of the upper screen it also says "Audio Off". I don't know whether that's got something to do with it, but in any case I couldn't find a way to go "Audio On" again. How does one do that? Btw, I don't think it depends on what speed I'm doing: I had one experience where I was pulling out of a car park (slowly) and immediately got an audio warning because there's a speed camera at the next set of lights. I'd be grateful for any suggestions. Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
I did not know our car had this feature and mine has never done anything similar but I live in a little town with very few speed traps. It might be a stupid question, but could you have been running Waze or a similar type app on your phone instead and it was connected via BTA to the car?

Not trying to insinuate anything btw. I'm just wondering because I'm unsure that any car manufacturer would add this to a car given the gray legal area of warning drivers about an upcoming speed trap.

·
Registered
95 Posts
What country are you in? This has never been a feature that I know of in this car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did not know our car had this feature and mine has never done anything similar but I live in a little town with very few speed traps. It might be a stupid question, but could you have been running Waze or a similar type app on your phone instead and it was connected via BTA to the car?
Well, my phone is vanilla Android. I'm not running anything special, afaik. I thought it was just a standard feature of Infiniti's InTouch system

Not trying to insinuate anything btw. I'm just wondering because I'm unsure that any car manufacturer would add this to a car given the gray legal area of warning drivers about an upcoming speed trap.
Afaik, it's a standard feature with my car. I didn't add anything special. (I'm in QLD, Australia, btw, @Sinecure.)

Personally, I don't see anything morally wrong about warning about a speedtrap which is associated with a potentially dangerous area/situation, such as traffic lights. The whole point is to get people to slow down and not run the red light. These cameras are in plain view, and often there's a great big sign preceding them saying SPEED CAMERA AHEAD.

Anyway, my local Infiniti rep just suggested that my ``Voice Guidance Volume'' might have somehow been turned down -- which seems to be the case. Strange that I failed to find that setting when I looked for it. Otoh, I've only had the car for 1 month.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Well, my phone is vanilla Android. I'm not running anything special, afaik. I thought it was just a standard feature of Infiniti's InTouch system
If you're getting a speed trap warning that's originating from your phone. The Q60 doesn't have any feature like that. If it did, it would be in your owner's manual.

·
Registered
95 Posts
OK Infiniti Australia. Spill the beans. Is this a feature down under? Do I have to turn my car, or my InTouch upside down the enable it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hmm. My Infiniti rep set things up for me when he delivered my car. Afaicr, he just performed the standard bluetooth pairing. I'll delve a bit deeper when I see him again in a week or so (taking my car in for its ``1-month'' svc).

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Wow, I think it would be cool if we could get the same feature here is the States. I don't find anything wrong with it morally or ethically. But many LEO organizations and town/city/states here use these speed traps to obtain additional funding and so there are documented cases where they have gone after motorists, etc who warned incoming drivers of a police presence or speed trap ahead.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wow, I think it would be cool if we could get the same feature here is the States. I don't find anything wrong with it morally or ethically. But many LEO organizations and town/city/states here use these speed traps to obtain additional funding and so there are documented cases where they have gone after motorists, etc who warned incoming drivers of a police presence or speed trap ahead.
Not sure, but I suspect the problem is we don't have permanently mounted speed cameras like they do in the UK or (I suspect) down under.

If you want a warning about approaching police, try using Waze for navigation, and/or get a Valentine One.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Not sure, but I suspect the problem is we don't have permanently mounted speed cameras like they do in the UK or (I suspect) down under.

If you want a warning about approaching police, try using Waze for navigation, and/or get a Valentine One.
A friend uses Waze and it's pretty cool. I'm waiting for Google to incorporate it's features into Google Maps so I don't have to use multiple apps since Waze can be a bit difficult sometimes. Not the radar detector sort of person so no experience with V1, etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[...] many LEO organizations and town/city/states here use these speed traps to obtain additional funding and so there are documented cases where they have gone after motorists, etc who warned incoming drivers of a police presence or speed trap ahead.
Yes. For mobile speedtraps (and booze bus stops) I believe the situation is similar in NSW (not sure about QLD -- I only moved here about 18 months ago).

I remember taxis in NSW had a "code" for use over their radio/text system. Something like: "Smile and drive safely at the bottom of Newport hill".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts