Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I'm new to the forums and been reading the posts about the sports exhausts and watching videos for the past few days. Been doing as much research as I can but figured I'd just ask the question. So I just purchased a q60 RS and the only negative I've found was the lack of exhaust note. So I'd like to purchase an Infiniti sports exhaust but not sure what one to buy. I'm 42 years old and this will be my everyday car. I want something aggressive but not to aggressive because of my older age. Don't really want to look like I'm trying to be in my 20's again. But I love a nice throaty exhaust note. Any opinions are appreciated.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Personally, I'm not a fan of either of the Infiniti exhausts. I think they sound like something you would put on a Civic. I'm a huge fan of the Fast Intentions catback, but since you're not going for something aggressive you probably don't want that. It all boils down to personal preference man. You don't need our opinions if you're getting it for you. Don't worry about anyone else thinks. It's your car. :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sport Exhaust No Mufflers= Aggressive tone, on a scale from 1-10 loudness=9/10.

Sport Exhaust With Mufflers= A little louder then stock, definitely gets aggressive at WOT (wide open throttle).
Loudness=5/6

Fast Intentions= Performance gains, takes about 8-12 week for assembly from the day of purchase. Loudness=6/7

This is my simple break down I hope to have help guide you in someway. I currently have Sport Exhaust W/out mufflers.
If you're interested, PM i can show you some videos of my exhaust setup or follow me on Instagram @IAmSonnik

Goodluck,

·
Registered
686 Posts
If you're worried about drone, that'll be another issue too. It seems like a lot of the sports exhaust owners have pretty serious complaints about the drone inside the cabin.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
After driving with the FI DPs and CBE (resonated) on my Red Sport for 8+ months, I'm happy I took the plunge, despite not having any reviews to base my decision on.

I'm pleased it doesn't drone at highway speeds (60-70 mph). The most intrusive drone is when accelerating slowiy with other traffic in front of me (holding up my progress ;)!). During "normal acceleration", where I let the motor spin up to at least 3k rpm to get it into the torque band before the next upshift, the drone is minimal. Added bonus, stop-and-go traffic is also not drone-inducing. Oh, and if climbing a moderate grade in top gear, it will exhibit some drone, too, since the motor will be in the 1.5-2K rpm band.

But, wow, when this motor is on semi- to full-boil, definitely no regrets on this purchase.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I'm pleased it doesn't drone at highway speeds (60-70 mph). The most intrusive drone is when accelerating slowiy with other traffic in front of me (holding up my progress ;)!). During "normal acceleration", where I let the motor spin up to at least 3k rpm to get it into the torque band before the next upshift, the drone is minimal. Added bonus, stop-and-go traffic is also not drone-inducing. Oh, and if climbing a moderate grade in top gear, it will exhibit some drone, too, since the motor will be in the 1.5-2K rpm band.

But, wow, when this motor is on semi- to full-boil, definitely no regrets on this purchase.
Sounds like you just described my Sport Exhaust kit w/o mufflers. >:)

Reactions: Sonnik

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sounds like you just described my Sport Exhaust kit w/o mufflers. >:)
I second this comment. I also have the sport exhaust kit w/o muffler and I agree with your observation.

From what I am reading from the forums, it seems like the sport exhaust kit w/ muffler has more drone than without muffler.

I have gotten used to the drone when I do notice it. ****, not only do I not mind, I like it. Maybe I'm sick in the head. :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
I second this comment. I also have the sport exhaust kit w/o muffler and I agree with your observation.

From what I am reading from the forums, it seems like the sport exhaust kit w/ muffler has more drone than without muffler.

I have gotten used to the drone when I do notice it. ****, not only do I not mind, I like it. Maybe I'm sick in the head. :D

That was a question I needed answered about the drone on the muffler deleted and the muffler version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
The sports exhaust w/ muffler has even more drone than w/o muffler? Can anyone make some detailed comparison between the two? I cannot wait to replace the weak stock exhaust on my RS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts