Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I have a 2017 3.0t premium. I want to go stage one but don’t know if blow off valves and headers count. Also would I need a tune for the hks blow off valves or for isr long tube headers

·
Registered
186 Posts
Welcome. You don't need a tune for Blow off valves. Also, since the VR30 is a turbo vehicle, there are not any headers per se. You'd be looking for Lower Down Pipes or Full Down Pipes. If you go Full DPs they recommend tuning the vehicle. If you go LDPs you can just use a JB4 to up the boost if you are not looking to void the warranty right away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome. You don't need a tune for Blow off valves. Also, since the VR30 is a turbo vehicle, there are not any headers per se. You'd be looking for Lower Down Pipes or Full Down Pipes. If you go Full DPs they recommend tuning the vehicle. If you go LDPs you can just use a JB4 to up the boost if you are not looking to void the warranty right away.
I have a 3 inch custom exhaust. Would it be better to get more air into the car with intake and heat exchanger or build the exhuast first

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I have a 3 inch custom exhaust. Would it be better to get more air into the car with intake and heat exchanger or build the exhuast first
The stock intake with the cold air ducting is quite efficient - even the AMS Intakes provide little to no gain, even when tuned. A good dry panel air filter (i.e., aFe) is all that you need to support a tuned VR30.

As for the exhaust, the turbos benefit from low restriction at the turbo outlet, so a 3" DP is a good choice, however, unless you are at 550-600 hp, a 2.5" CBE is better for maintaining exhaust flow and scavenging then a 3" CBE, but you already made that bed...

The bigger area heat exchanger allows more heat extraction of the heat from the intercooler coolant, so while it doesn't add power, it prevents heat soak so that you don't lose power, as one run with full boost can heat soak the stock HE.

You have to ask yourself - what is your plan? How much do you want to spend, and what are your power goals? Are you simply daily driving it, take it to the track, etc. Otherwise, I can suggest how to spend your $ pretty fast on this platform.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The stock intake with the cold air ducting is quite efficient - even the AMS Intakes provide little to no gain, even when tuned. A good dry panel air filter (i.e., aFe) is all that you need to support a tuned VR30.

As for the exhaust, the turbos benefit from low restriction at the turbo outlet, so a 3" DP is a good choice, however, unless you are at 550-600 hp, a 2.5" CBE is better for maintaining exhaust flow and scavenging then a 3" CBE, but you already made that bed...

The bigger area heat exchanger allows more heat extraction of the heat from the intercooler coolant, so while it doesn't add power, it prevents heat soak so that you don't lose power, as one run with full boost can heat soak the stock HE.

You have to ask yourself - what is your plan? How much do you want to spend, and what are your power goals? Are you simply daily driving it, take it to the track, etc. Otherwise, I can suggest how to spend your $ pretty fast on this platform.
I would like to be around 500 hp as a street/track car. So about a 200 hp gain

·
Registered
152 Posts
Best will be a LDP and Catback exhaust ,then either a Tune or JB4

·
Registered
199 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts