Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just leased a 2018 q60 red sport. It is the model without the direct adaptive steering. Once I got it out on the open road, I noticed what I think is (or might be) a problem with the steering, or maybe the alignment. After I get it up to a decent speed, the car seems to consistently require frequent minor corrections to keep the car centered in the lane. It doesn’t appear to favor the right or left, the necessary corrections can require a clockwise or counterclockwise slight turn of the wheel. I had the car in standard mode, and upon changing it to sport it improved slightly. What I'm describing feels like more than the normal steering adjustments one normally makes during driving. It just has a kind of “squirrelly” feel that doesn’t seem normal, but I guess it's possible this is normal. Has anyone had a similar experience? Any thoughts on this?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,211 Posts
RWD or AWD?

·
Registered
399 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,211 Posts
It is rear wheel drive.
Unless the road is straight and level without imperfections, the car will wander a bit. Was your previous car front wheel drive? Also, make sure your tires are inflated to spec "cold".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yep me too. Dealer tells me its the same issue on the Q50 and Infiniti is working on the issue. They were replacing tires but are no longer doing it. When you hit ruts in the road does the car following the ruts?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, it does, but even that would be somewhat understandable. It's when the road is relatively smooth and conditions are normal and it does it that worries me. So should I contact the service department and let them know I'm having this issue? What are you doing about it, just waiting to see what Infiniti is able to find out?

·
Super Moderator
2,103 Posts
No, not runflats. No direct adaptive steering, no lane assist.
Interesting. Maybe take the car to a local tire shop (make sure they have a roadforce balance machine) and get them to do a high speed roadforce balance on it.

Have them check out all the linkages as well in case one of them is off or not to spec.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shouldn't I take it back to the dealer and have them do tests or whatever? Do they not have this type of testing equipment? I just bought this car 5 days ago

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,211 Posts
Shouldn't I take it back to the dealer and have them do tests or whatever? Do they not have this type of testing equipment? I just bought this car 5 days ago
You didn't answer my question. Was the last car you owned Front Wheel Drive? I've had my car for a year. I just think the steering is sensitive and you'll get used to it.

If you think you have an issue, take it back to the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
2,103 Posts
They may have this equipment but I always like to get a second opinion. I don't know how your dealership is and I can say mine has been all kinds of awesome, but there are some things that the local experts can do quicker & cheaper in my experience.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have had my RS400 AWD with RF's for a bit over a year now. It tended to wander and require more input than I liked from day one. However, coming from a 370Z with similar tendencies I learned to live with it. I had the tires rotated at 5K miles and that helped a little. I find that the road needs to be "perfect" for perfect feedback. If the road is less than perfect, so is the feedback. I assume it is a mix of tires and road conditions and sensitive steering.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I did take the car back to the dealership a few days ago, and the service manager himself checked it out (including a long test drive). For what it's worth, he said he couldn't find anything wrong, that the steering is just like that. I guess I'm just going to try to get used to it.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,211 Posts
Well I did take the car back to the dealership a few days ago, and the service manager himself checked it out (including a long test drive). For what it's worth, he said he couldn't find anything wrong, that the steering is just like that. I guess I'm just going to try to get used to it.
Today I happened to be on a long open toll road. I paid particular attention to steering. I noticed it requires very little input on the wheel to make the car change directions. I think it's something you just have to get used to.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Question

Hi there!
Have you gotten the issue w/your steering resolved?
I ask because I am experiencing issues that have caused me to be out of my vehicle now for over a month.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased my 2017 infinity Q60 almost a year ago now. I have been having issues with the steering ever sense. I have taken my car in to Infiniti 5 times and every time they can’t figure out what’s wrong with it. Infiniti has my car for over 3 months trying to figure out what was wrong. While they had my car I was able to drive the 2018 q60 where I was not experiencing the same issues. My guess is Infiniti produced a crap vehicle as the first test model and won’t own up to it and replace all of the 2017 models instead they expect everyone to just get used to the problem. Guys this is not how the car is supposed to drive at all.. I drive touchy cars porches, GTRs, Ferrari’s they don’t do what my junk car does. I’m not giving up and I’m going to reach out to corporate because this could be a huge liability for infinity. You don’t design/build a stock car with run flats and then expect car buyers to change them out for normal tires.. it’s bullshit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I purchased my 2017 infinity Q60 almost a year ago now. I have been having issues with the steering ever sense. I have taken my car in to Infiniti 5 times and every time they can’t figure out what’s wrong with it. Infiniti has my car for over 3 months trying to figure out what was wrong. While they had my car I was able to drive the 2018 q60 where I was not experiencing the same issues. My guess is Infiniti produced a crap vehicle as the first test model and won’t own up to it and replace all of the 2017 models instead they expect everyone to just get used to the problem. Guys this is not how the car is supposed to drive at all.. I drive touchy cars porches, GTRs, Ferrari’s they don’t do what my junk car does. I’m not giving up and I’m going to reach out to corporate because this could be a huge liability for infinity. You don’t design/build a stock car with run flats and then expect car buyers to change them out for normal tires.. it’s bullshit.

Hey Samantha,

I’m having the same issue with my 2018 Q60.
To be honest, I really believe this is a huge safety issue since the car has a mind of it’s own and very unstable.

Help needed, still no solution!?
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...org/forum/showthread.php?t=16174&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,103 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Sorry you're having trouble with your Q60, but I wouldn't classify my 2017 Q60 as junk just because it came with runflats vs regular tires. Some of us have owned and driven the high end sports cars you mentioned and I don't think any of us expect a Q60 which is a mid-tier wannabe luxury GT car (imho) to perform or drive like them. After all, the MSRP started below $40k for MY2017.

Given that your dealer has not been able to figure out the issue, have you tried going to a different dealer? If that's not an option and corporate is unwilling to do anything, you could also consider reporting this to the NHTSA (assuming you are in the U.S.). If they get enough complaints, they will investigate and it might force a change at Infiniti/Nissan if it's found to pose a significant safety risk.

Also, we might be able to help if you gave us more information about your 2017 Q60 instead of telling us the cars we own are crap. For instance, is it RWD or AWD, was it purchased new (or used since you've only had it a year), is it modified, does it have DAS or hydraulic steering or the electronic rack and pinion, the lane keep system, etc?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts