Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
@Scootter, do you have runflats on the car? I'm wondering if this is because of the runflats....they are pretty bad and many of us have switched them out.
I have a 2018 Q60 3.0T Luxe AWD. For two and a half years the car has been a real disappointment due to the erratic behavior on the highway, I recently experienced my third ‘flat’ on the run flat Dunlops and it was not fixable. I bit the bullet and bought 4 Yokohama All Season Y rated tires. The car handles perfectly on the highway. No issues. Didn’t want to buy new tires at 6300 miles but well worth it!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,207 Posts
I have a 2018 Q60 3.0T Luxe AWD. For two and a half years the car has been a real disappointment due to the erratic behavior on the highway, I recently experienced my third ‘flat’ on the run flat Dunlops and it was not fixable. I bit the bullet and bought 4 Yokohama All Season Y rated tires. The car handles perfectly on the highway. No issues. Didn’t want to buy new tires at 6300 miles but well worth it!
That "erratic" behavior is due to a condition known as tramlining. That's what many high performance low profile tires do.

·
Super Moderator
2,103 Posts
I can't remember the mileage anymore but I went away from the factory runflats almost as soon as I got my car despite planning to use them up first. I'm just not a big fan of runflats because of how they handle in general base don my experiences in sporty type cars.

I'm fine with them on luxury barges, SUVs, etc though although I haven't had to use them much on those types of vehicles yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 Infiniti Q60 awd Lux with run flats with 13k miles. I have owned since new and have had a little over a year now. I usually am a city driver but Lately I have been doing more long distance highway driving and I am experiencing the issue many of you are describing. The car has erratic steering almost like it try’s to pull from me. Not a heavy pull but it takes an effort to keep it straight. I had an alignment done as I thought it was out of allignment. No improvement with an allignment and balance. It appears to be the way the cars drives. It’s annoying and at times feels unsafe when I’m hitting 80-90mph. I luv the look and power of the car but the steering is a no go and feels really unsafe to me. This will likely deter me from getting another Infiniti.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a 2019 Infiniti Q60 awd Lux with run flats with 13k miles. I have owned since new and have had a little over a year now. I usually am a city driver but Lately I have been doing more long distance highway driving and I am experiencing the issue many of you are describing. The car has erratic steering almost like it try’s to pull from me. Not a heavy pull but it takes an effort to keep it straight. I had an alignment done as I thought it was out of allignment. No improvement with an allignment and balance. It appears to be the way the cars drives. It’s annoying and at times feels unsafe when I’m hitting 80-90mph. I luv the look and power of the car but the steering is a no go and feels really unsafe to me. This will likely deter me from getting another Infiniti.
Ditch the runflats, they're total garbage.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,207 Posts
Click this link and read:

Reactions: AJeezy

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Those run flats are the culprit. I dumped mine at 6300 miles for Yokohama Y rated all seasons. I’m now a big fan of the car. No issues whatsoever on the highway.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Steering has been so much better since I replaced OEM tires with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts