Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all my California Infiniti owners,

Stillen Intake has received Carb Exemption.
Legal in all 50 States now.

·
Registered
69 Posts
where does it say this? just checked the website and page for intake still says not for sale in cali? thanks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got it from Instagram Stillen.
News Flash twin turbocharged VR30DDTT engines have received Carb Exemption -___-

·
Registered
244 Posts
Still can't order it from their website...d'oh. I sent Stillen an email since i'd like to purchase it directly and see if I can get a CARB sticker or something...not that that's a deal breaker since smog's not due on this car until like 2024 lol. :)

I also saw on the FB group that Visconti tuning is saying that a tune is not necessary for this particular Stillen intake, as at most it'll run 5% rich as opposed to a little bit lean with the stock intakes at higher RPMs...and I think Visconti's tuned the most Q60s so far, including their own fully-owned test vehicle.

That said, pretty much every tuner is still cautioning against full exhaust mods ('full' meaning with downpipes) without a tune, however, just installing cat/axle back is fine; apparently, our Qs have a real need for a better heat exchanger once full exhaust mods are introduced into the picture...so, word of caution for anyone doing bolt-ons without a tune, as we're finally getting a lot of data to back up assumptions about modding this car now. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
This was Stillen's response to me:

The intake is currently CARB legal for the Q50. It will come with the CARB sticker on the intake because the intake is for both the Q50 & Q60. But just to let you know it is still pending for the Q60. It will be CARB legal as well, it just hasn?t been officially approved for the Q60. But if you order the intake, again, since this intake is for both the q50 & q60. It will come with the carb eo decal.

·
Registered
199 Posts
.......Visconti tuning is saying that a tune is not necessary for this particular Stillen intake, as at most it'll run 5% rich as opposed to a little bit lean with the stock intakes at higher RPMs...and I think Visconti's tuned the most Q60s so far, including their own fully-owned test vehicle.

That said, pretty much every tuner is still cautioning against full exhaust mods ('full' meaning with downpipes) without a tune, however, just installing cat/axle back is fine; apparently, our Qs have a real need for a better heat exchanger once full exhaust mods are introduced into the picture...so, word of caution for anyone doing bolt-ons without a tune, as we're finally getting a lot of data to back up assumptions about modding this car now. :)
Thank you for the info. I called for a quote on a tune and was told $300 for the ECUTeck "license" and $600 for the dyno/tune. One quote so I have no idea how that compares to others and what the going rate is for something like this.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thank you for the info. I called for a quote on a tune and was told $300 for the ECUTeck "license" and $600 for the dyno/tune. One quote so I have no idea how that compares to others and what the going rate is for something like this.
Price looks on par for other tuners.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I got Intakes in stock tomorrow it looks like if anyone is interested in Cali.

Thanks,
Marco

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Marco, did you receive them, and are there CARB decals with them? I might be interested in one. :)
Hey Jayce,
Sorry was at HRE Open House all day, yes I have them in stock.. We are going to be doing a DIY video for it as well..Yes they have a CARB Decal with them!

I got your email as well, i'll respond to you shortly just playing catch up right now :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hey Jayce,
Sorry was at HRE Open House all day, yes I have them in stock.. We are going to be doing a DIY video for it as well..Yes they have a CARB Decal with them!

I got your email as well, i'll respond to you shortly just playing catch up right now :)
Perfect, thanks man! Glad to hear they came with CARB decals so that I don't have to worry about it in....2024, when the RS is due for its first smog check (if it's not sold for some new hotness by then anyways). :D

·
Registered
244 Posts
I bought my intake on eBay and wasn't aware stickers were even a thing. Am I SOL?
If you have to get your car inspected for smog/emissions before California's 6-year new model year car rule is up (so first smog check would be in 2024 for a 2017 Q60) and the inspector (or a cop) does a visual inspection for whatever reason and somehow manages to single out your intakes and look for a CARB sticker and it isn't there...they COULD ticket you...but the probability is ridiculously low...and this is a lot of ifs and buts to even get there.

Honestly, just print out whatever documentation Stillen has about this kit being CARB legal like the EO# and such and keep it in your glove box on the one in a billion chance anything happens with your intakes...otherwise, having CARB stickers in California is really only a big deal if you're driving an older car that needs a smog check.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts