Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did you manage to get it installed? I ordered the unpainted version from Concept Z. Do you have a copy of the instructions they gave you? All I got was the diffuser with the 3M adhesion promoter but no screws. The instruction say nothing of removing any part of the OEM bumper, and do not mention using screws, however they list a drill with phllips head screwdriver as a necessary piece of equipment, so I'm a little confused.

I'm taking it to a local body shop to get it painted and installed next week so I hope I'm not missing anything.

·
Registered
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400 RWD - Iridium Blue / Graphite Leather
42 Posts
About to install my diffuser this weekend. anyone know any additional info about the installation steps?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,853 Posts
I have the Seibon CF Rear Diffuser, which I installed myself.

For removing the OEM rear valance panel, the panel is held in by push rivets on the bottom, a couple of long bolts on either side, and spring clips across the top. Once I removed the push rivets and long bolts, I was able to use either needle-nose pliers or my own fingers to squeeze the spring clip as I pushed it out (back) to release the valance panel from the bumper cover.

Once I fitted the Seibon diffuser, it had bendable metal tabs at the top, which I fed through the slots in the bumper cover, and then bent down to ensure the diffuser fit snug across the top. I also had to push-in each end as I tightened the end bolts (required larger diameter washers), and pushed a little more to get the bottom holes on the end to line up, in order to push the rivets through.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the Seibon CF Rear Diffuser, which I installed myself.

For removing the OEM rear valance panel, the panel is held in by push rivets on the bottom, a couple of long bolts on either side, and spring clips across the top. Once I removed the push rivets and long bolts, I was able to use either needle-nose pliers or my own fingers to squeeze the spring clip as I pushed it out (back) to release the valance panel from the bumper cover.

Once I fitted the Seibon diffuser, it had bendable metal tabs at the top, which I fed through the slots in the bumper cover, and then bent down to ensure the diffuser fit snug across the top. I also had to push-in each end as I tightened the end bolts (required larger diameter washers), and pushed a little more to get the bottom holes on the end to line up, in order to push the rivets through.
Thank you so much for the explanation. the stillen diffuser appears to use 3M tape on the top edge as well as some more tape underneath on the far edges.
It didnt come with any hardware but it is pre-drilled in the spots where the OEM hardware would be so this makes a lot more sense.

Installing it this weekend, super excited to see how it turns out

Reactions: IridiumRS400

·
Registered
2022 Q60 Red Sport - Slate Gray/Monaco Red and full of AWESOMENESS!!!
361 Posts
Thank you so much for the explanation. the stillen diffuser appears to use 3M tape on the top edge as well as some more tape underneath on the far edges.
It didnt come with any hardware but it is pre-drilled in the spots where the OEM hardware would be so this makes a lot more sense.

Installing it this weekend, super excited to see how it turns out
Post up before and after pics please!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Post up before and after pics please!
It's done! wasn't too bad. Excited to get some better pictures when I get some good lighting

Before Stillen Diffuser install:
Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

After install:
Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
361 Posts
Looking good!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Looking good!
Thanks! I really like how everything is coming together. My buddy also has a Q60 and we installed his eBay diffuser at the same time and afterwards he just bought this Stillen diffuser because of how much better the fitment was and how secure it is when fastened to the car. This thing is bolted down tight and not going ANYWHERE

·
Registered
361 Posts
Thanks! I really like how everything is coming together. My buddy also has a Q60 and we installed his eBay diffuser at the same time and afterwards he just bought this Stillen diffuser because of how much better the fitment was and how secure it is when fastened to the car. This thing is bolted down tight and not going ANYWHERE
Yep that would suck if it did. I've had an entire rear bumper just come off a car, lol.

Reactions: VIVID

·
Registered
42 Posts
Lol. I can see the poor discarded valence laying on the ground. I'm planning my install of a Stillen diffuser this weekend. You and Iridium are my guides to the promised land of rear end mods...
Lol I know. It wasn't even cold yet :(

I keep it on a shelf in my garage in case I ever need it. But chances are its just gonna get thrown out at some point lol.

The only thing we had to do special was slightly widen the holes in the middle where the push plugs go because they were a bit tight. Took a few seconds though.

Good luck on your journey!

Reactions: VIVID
1 - 16 of 16 Posts