Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went out to a semi-local tuning shop this morning to get a baseline run before I start making modifications but my dyno chart is really odd. Anyone know what would cause this? Can those numbers be correct with the curve looking like that?

Btw, this is an AWD RS.

·
Registered
337 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Without RPM values on the x-axis, the graph is nearly useless. It looks about how I would expect a stock Red Sport to look; however, I would expect a faster drop-off in torque at the end.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Without RPM values on the x-axis, the graph is nearly useless. It looks about how I would expect a stock Red Sport to look; however, I would expect a faster drop-off in torque at the end.
I guess I cut the pic off a little. Here is a better pic.

·
Registered
191 Posts
That dyno looks pretty standard for a stock Red Sport. The peak torque looks a little bit higher than normal which is about 350 ft-bs, but with variances in dynos and manufacturing, I think twice about it. Also, the gear that this dyno run was performed in could have a noticeable impact on the graphed results.

It seems that they did not log to redline/past 5500 RPMs, which is why the graph looks different than other results that show the rapid drop in torque after 6000 RPMs.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That dyno looks pretty standard for a stock Red Sport. The peak torque looks a little bit higher than normal which is about 350 ft-bs, but with variances in dynos and manufacturing, I think twice about it. Also, the gear that this dyno run was performed in could have a noticeable impact on the graphed results.

It seems that they did not log to redline/past 5500 RPMs, which is why the graph looks different than other results that show the rapid drop in torque after 6000 RPMs.
Thanks, the guy running the dyno had me concerned. He seemed to think there might be a plug problem that was causing the spikes in the graph. I have never had a car dyno'd before so all I have to go off of is graphs I have seen posted here. While I have your attention here, do you know what the total coolant amount would be after adding the HX, expansion tank and aux tank? I really don't want to fight with trying to save the existing coolant and was just going to replace it all.

·
Super Moderator
2,678 Posts
While I have your attention here, do you know what the total coolant amount would be after adding the HX, expansion tank and aux tank? I really don't want to fight with trying to save the existing coolant and was just going to replace it all.
I can't give you an answer as to capacity, but I believe it requires special equipment to refill the cooling system.

·
Registered
652 Posts
...but I believe it requires special equipment to refill the cooling system.
Correct. The Inifiniti dealer can use the Consult III+ tool to bleed the IC coolant circuit. Alternatively, you can use an Air-Lift tool, such as those offered on Amazon.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I can't give you an answer as to capacity, but I believe it requires special equipment to refill the cooling system.
It does and I have the air lift tool already. I just dont want to end up running around trying to find coolant if i don't buy enough and don't want to get stuck with a bunch extra if i buy too much.

Added some pics for fun, my stack of parts has grown a bunch since that pic and I'm ready to get started putting them on.

·
Super Moderator
2,678 Posts
don't want to get stuck with a bunch extra if i buy too much.
You should be able to return any unopened containers. Check the retailer's return policy and save your receipts. OEM capacity = Total (with reservoir) 3-3/8 US qt or 3.2 liters

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You should be able to return any unopened containers. Check the retailer's return policy and save your receipts. OEM capacity = Total (with reservoir) 3-3/8 US qt or 3.2 liters
I know the aux coolant tank adds 1.675 gallons. I'm just not sure about the HX and expansion tank.

·
Super Moderator
2,678 Posts
I know the aux coolant tank adds 1.675 gallons. I'm just not sure about the HX and expansion tank.
Yup, I don't know either. I can only give you what's in the owner's manual.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts