Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have installed the strut brace: is it a noticeable difference? I assume it reduces body roll? Have had many cars and modded most of them, never had a strut brace. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Google is a great resource :)... learned all about body roll vs "flex". Sorry for wasting space here!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
If you're going to put one up front, might as well put one on the rear too.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Do you notice a difference in handling? Do you like the way it handles with it on?
The real test would be lap times before and after, and if that's the only upgrade, the only effect would be as a placebo because it's not going to affect lap times alone.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Its hard for me to say if the bar alone would be beneficial. I did the lowering springs and strut bar at the same time. The car does handle WAY better.

·
Registered
500 Posts
You almost have to do a number of suspension mods to have some real different going on, thats what I realized with past experience and from what my friends have been up to. But even just springs alone can do a number.

The best is a coil over set that allows for adjustable dampening.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
You almost have to do a number of suspension mods to have some real different going on, thats what I realized with past experience and from what my friends have been up to. But even just springs alone can do a number.

The best is a coil over set that allows for adjustable dampening.
This ^^^

If you're seriously interested in doing track days then you start with suspension and brake upgrades. The better suspension systems allow you to adjust dampening, pre-load, and height, so you can go from street to track, and back to street again.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I've done the KW2 C/O's before on an Audi A4. Great stance and improved handling, especially with a thicker rear sway bar (less understeer). The only issue was the occassional pogo-effect of the front suspension on the highway, despite having the rebound dampening cranked up. Changed the settings up and down, but could never get it to settle out completely.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
In theory strut bars help tie the suspension together...

I'll be adding one to my car before the summer.
Actually it's supposed to reduce chassis flex

·
Registered
54 Posts
A strut bar, strut brace, or strut tower brace (STB) is an automotive suspension accessory usually used in conjunction with MacPherson struts on monocoque or unibody chassis to provide extra stiffness between the strut towers.

With a MacPherson strut suspension system where the spring and shock absorber are combined in the one suspension unit which also replaces the upper control arm, the entire vertical suspension load is transmitted to the top of the vehicle's strut tower, unlike a double wishbone suspension where the spring and shock absorber may share the load separately. In general terms, a strut tower in a monocoque chassis is a reinforced portion of the inner wheel well and is not necessarily directly connected to the main chassis rails. For this reason there is inherent flex within the strut towers relative to the chassis rails.

Not a fan of copy and paste, but I'm lazy today,

We're both right....

It's all good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts