Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Studio on Wheels includes 14 high-performance speakers, and the company’s first application of Bose Advanced Staging Technology that delivers front-row concert sound for front-seat passengers. The Q60 should come equipped with Bose Active Sound Management to reduce unwanted cabin noise while still maintaining engine acoustics.

Advanced Staging Technology directs audio to the most ideal locations, vocals in the centre, instruments right and left. There are five 3.25-inch Bose mid/high range tweeters across the front dash. AST is supposed to give a wider sound and a precise audio environment, probably why they call it Studio on Wheels.

Six other mid/high range speakers can be found throughout the cabin, two 1-inch tweeters, one near each side mirror; one 5.25 inch mid range speaker on each rear side, and two 3.25 inch tweeters on each side of the rear deck behind the rear passenger row.

Base comes from two 10-inch Bose woofers (one in each front door) and another woofer mounted on the rear deck for depth.

The Q60 will also come with Bose Active Sound Management to control engine and powertrain sound inside the cabin. In conjunction with the audio system’s speakers and amplifier, the Bose Active Sound Management system reduces unwanted powertrain noise in the Q60 while enhancing the desirable engine sounds (all of them?)

Although the Q60 isnt out yet the rest of the Infiniti lineup has the Bose system as an option, Im not sure if they will be able to squeeze all 14 speakers into the Q60 but its certainly cool enough. Anyone else interested in the option?

·
Registered
228 Posts
two 10 inch woofers, one in each front door....i think thats overkill, but seeing how they have professionals going through the whole process of creating this system i guess this might be the best way to deliver base.

hopefully the doors wont be too heavy that the hinges start to fail 7-10 years down the road

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
two 10 inch woofers, one in each front door....i think thats overkill, but seeing how they have professionals going through the whole process of creating this system i guess this might be the best way to deliver base.

hopefully the doors wont be too heavy that the hinges start to fail 7-10 years down the road
I doubt it, build quality on the Q50 is excellent, I dont expect anything less from the Q60. Keep in mind this isnt just some slap on aftermarket sound system, so you wont get that thumping bass rattle and distortion you hear when any Honda Civic with a backward ball cap wearing driver goes by...

·
Registered
364 Posts

The G35 and G37 have always been known to have nice heavy bass.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The G35 and G37 have always been known to have nice heavy bass.
absolutely, thats what I'm saying. the Q60/Q50 with a factory installed sound system thats actually calibrated and functioning with each other is much better then the all bass rattle you hear going by with most aftermarket systems.

Theres a difference between a thumping heavy bass line and it drowning out the rest of the song.

·
Registered
116 Posts
absolutely, thats what I'm saying. the Q60/Q50 with a factory installed sound system thats actually calibrated and functioning with each other is much better then the all bass rattle you hear going by with most aftermarket systems.

Theres a difference between a thumping heavy bass line and it drowning out the rest of the song.
Exactly, there really isn't any better option to get a quality audio system aside from a few independent pro's than the car maker themselves.

Hiring engineers to optimize the speaker layout and sound is something that can't be beat.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've read that tricking out your sound system is kinda pointless these days. Gone are the days of Pimp My Ride. The standard audio systems are usually sufficient to play music with great sound quality in your car. Unless you want to be the guy who plays his music so loud that everyone in a two block radius can hear, i think you'll be fine with what comes standard in the car.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've read that tricking out your sound system is kinda pointless these days. Gone are the days of Pimp My Ride. The standard audio systems are usually sufficient to play music with great sound quality in your car. Unless you want to be the guy who plays his music so loud that everyone in a two block radius can hear, i think you'll be fine with what comes standard in the car.
I listen to alot of psychedelic rock and becasue the sound is so guttural, raw and loud alot of time on a stock audio system its tough to pull rhythm guitar, bass and lead apart from one another. I went to an Infiniti dealer the other day to play around with the Q50, just to get some ideas about what the Q60 will be like tech wise. MAN was i impressed, even on live shows where the instruments start to melt into each other the distinction was crisp and the bass was HEAVY. some of the reception girls actually wandered over to hear what all the commotion was about. You know Roger Waters and his driving bass lines ;)

·
Registered
364 Posts
thats not entirely true. It depends what your stock system is.

Most stock systems except for the most expensive ones still use inferior audio systems compared to what is available in the aftermarket industry.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I still believe if you wanted the absolute best you would have to turn to the aftermarket. Nothing beats custom audio set ups. I mean luxury brands can get close but to any real audiophile he will tell you different.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I still believe if you wanted the absolute best you would have to turn to the aftermarket. Nothing beats custom audio set ups. I mean luxury brands can get close but to any real audiophile he will tell you different.
that is a good point, but you better have the system installed/set up by a fellow audiophile and not the ballcap punk out back at Bestbuy

·
Registered
108 Posts
thats not entirely true. It depends what your stock system is.

Most stock systems except for the most expensive ones still use inferior audio systems compared to what is available in the aftermarket industry.
Sure you can get better systems in the aftermarket. I am just saying that the standard systems are by no means bad usually. In most cases you could probably spend your money elsewhere and get more utility.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well, most Mercedes and Audi coupes have 14-16 speakers inside, particularly on their high end lineup of cars. I'm sure it won't be a problem of spaze.

The problem I have moreso is the way Bose makes audio systems for cars. Honestly I don't think they belong in cars in this class. If Infiniti wants to compete in the higher end car audio game in the premium market in the likes of THX, Bang and Olufsen, Lexicon, Mark Levinson, or Harman Kardon, they need to drop Bose and make a change.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts