Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.

I can't seem to find this info with web search - but there doesn't seem to be very much Sunstone Red Q60 availability. 8 of the nearest dealers have a total of 0. They probably have 150+ Q60's, but not one Sunstone Red.

Yet nothing revealed easily about limited availability of that color?

Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hey everyone.

I can't seem to find this info with web search - but there doesn't seem to be very much Sunstone Red Q60 availability. 8 of the nearest dealers have a total of 0. They probably have 150+ Q60's, but not one Sunstone Red.

Yet nothing revealed easily about limited availability of that color?

Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks!
I'm not sure this is the answer, but I had a similar issue with the Hagane blue and had to place an order after they found only one 400 miles away that wound up already being taken. After talking to the dealer, it simply seemed like the dealers order what they feel will sell the most, which may be the case for the red version too. They gave a similar reason for the lack of the white leather interior (which I also ordered), but they also made a passing comment that Infiniti had made the white leather in limited quantities. I took that with a grain of salt though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sunstone red in 60010

On the change retailer screen go to zip code 60010. In the vehicles in transit you will find not one but two Sunstone Red Q60s. A few are also showing up in California dealerships as in transit. So, they are out there, they just might not be nearby.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've been to 5 dealerships (4 in New England and one in San Diego) in the past month, and have probably seen 60 coupes. Yet to see a Sunstone Red or an Iridium Blue. It's interesting, as those 2 are clearly the most vibrant, stand-out colors offered. I think that mostly speaks to who Infiniti has walking onto the lot, ready to leave in a new car. They assume enthusiasts of the coupe, who really want that color, will order it and wait. Strange though, since the red is all of the promotion.

Only 2 Hagane Blue as well, one on each coast. It's a very different color for a coupe. It's also really close to the Liquid Platnium, which is such a strong traditional Infiniti color, that I think most people go that way.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys.

But here's the thing. My local dealership has NINE Q60 AWD RED SPORTS.

NINE. And none of them red, you know - to go along with the "red sport" model, and the advertising campaign with John Snow? (And a dealer farther away, has seven of the highest models, again no Sunstone Red)

I mean I'd get it if they announced they were a limited edition and only producing 500 of them, but I have seen no announcement.

Either it's incompetence - or they are trying to keep demand high to inflate prices, without actually announcing that they are limiting production.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Either it's incompetence
Every brand has a little bit of this...maybe it's cause I saw it first hand, but I feel like Nissan is one of the few Japanese OEMs that has incompetence down to an art form. :eek:

That said, they are the only Japanese OEM that seems to take risks and try to give the fans what we want...within reason. Even Subaru doesn't really do that anymore thanks to Toyota.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Also, I should add that reds and other bright colors tend to be somewhat difficult to perfect during the paint process. Orange peel shows up too easily and if there is even the slightest contaminant in the paint lines (old paint, grit, etc), it can really mess everything up. And repainting a car that failed QC is usually not easy so scrap is higher for the brighter/more vibrant colors.

So it wouldn't surprise me if Nissan was just trying to get everything perfect for this launch. The Q60 RS is their sports coupe halo after all for now.

·
Registered
189 Posts
If you do a nationwide search now on cars.com, for example, about 20 or so are shown. Three weeks ago there were zero. However, if you check on the dealer websites shown, very few show a red car in stock. I 'ordered' a sunstone red in mid-August. I have been told that mine might arrive within 2 weeks....maybe.This will be the first sunstone red that the dealer has delivered. As JackBauer points out, it seems strange that the color most heavily promoted is the last one available.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks - I didn't realize cars.com had a nationwide inventory search.

Anyway - I think it's a bit misleading though. One of the dealers that supposedly has more than one... You go to their website, and there is no real indication they have it in stock. Made me think they somehow report stock they don't have to get people in the door.

Still however it may be a valuable tool to use to track this information. It said 25 now... Maybe if I check in a week and it says 35, things will start getting better.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I don't want to get too deep into the woods, but.....Autotrader also has a nationwide search. The results also seem to be different from the actual dealer websites as you said. Now, you can also 'build' your car on the Infiniti website and then change the dealer locations around and search the bigger markets. A few red ones show up here and there. (yes, I have spent way too much time trying to see how the flow of sunstone red was progressing!) HOWEVER, I have been told that most of these cars have been pre-ordered and sold and if you call the car is unavailable. That happened in the case of my dealership, the car that I ordered showed up on the national Infiniti website as being at the dealer 'on the lot'. I called and asked if my car was there and was told that even though it was on the website that they did not have the car and had no real idea when it might show up...but I would be notified at once when it arrived. It disappeared from the website the next day. I think the cars are posted on the Infiniti national website even if they are pre-sold just to generate interest and maybe an inquiry. I did place an order and deposit in August and I have dealt with these folks for 14 years , so I know eventually it will turn up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sunstone Red when?

Hi Folks,

So, I put a deposit down in September, 2016 for a 2017 Q60 sunstone red . Our salesman called today to say they had heard from distribution (finally) and my q60 red with red interior will be built in March. No further explanation.

Maybe a problem with the red paint? I think I'll choose another color that might be available in North America.

·
Registered
298 Posts
The Sunstone Red is gorgeous in person. My dealer had one with black interior until one of the salesman purchased it. It seems quite rare but they are being produced.

IMO though, the red on red is a little too much. Especially since they are both different shades. It looked much better with black interior

Reactions: 1701-64D

·
Registered
189 Posts
I got word today that my Sunstone Red Q60 should arrive between December 10 and December 20. That would make it just about 4 months since I placed the order. It is equipped exactly as I requested FYI, no more or no less.

Reactions: Qx4Cor

·
Registered
250 Posts
I got word today that my Sunstone Red Q60 should arrive between December 10 and December 20. That would make it just about 4 months since I placed the order. It is equipped exactly as I requested FYI, no more or no less.
The first batch of custom-ordered cars are finally coming in. I ordered mine in early Sep, and I'm picking it up tomorrow. My window was Dec 4-18, so hopefully you'll get yours on the 12th.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'll hold you to that prediction!!!!!! :)

Reactions: 1701-64D

·
Registered
298 Posts
This doesn't really have anything to do with availability but here is the Sunstone Red that my dealer had when I picked up mine

1 - 20 of 27 Posts