Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the Stillen front and rear sway bars on my '18 RWD RS. I set them to most aggressive setting and they handle great. Can't speak on the hotchkis products..

·
Registered
23 Posts
My Q50 is AWD and can only get a stiffer rear bar. I have the Stillen bar set on stiffest and I like the difference. No oversteer at the stiffest setting.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I heard stillen sway bars were good for G37. Only thing im worrying about their customer service. This is why I got hotchkis on my old G. Full stiffed helped alot. I guess no1 have hotchkis at this moment. Im gonna go ahead get hotchkis.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I have an AWD, so I could only install the Stillen Rear Sway Bar.

I'd also recommend getting the Adjustable End Links:

https://conceptzperformance.com/spl-parts-spl-pro-rear-adjustable-sway-bar-end-link-infiniti-q50-14-v37-q60-17-cv37-spl-re-v37_p_28870.php

The stock end links are w-i-m-p-y. There's no firmness at all in the bushings - the bolts are free to move in-space. Putting a stiffer bar is a great idea, but having all that compliance in the (stock) end links wastes some of the effectiveness range of the sway bar.

The SPL End Links should be installed with no preload, so the bolts should just drop-in.

Reactions: DiamondQ60

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have an AWD, so I could only install the Stillen Rear Sway Bar.

I'd also recommend getting the Adjustable End Links:

https://conceptzperformance.com/spl...q50-14-v37-q60-17-cv37-spl-re-v37_p_28870.php

The stock end links are w-i-m-p-y. There's no firmness at all in the bushings - the bolts are free to move in-space. Putting a stiffer bar is a great idea, but having all that compliance in the (stock) end links wastes some of the effectiveness range of the sway bar.

The SPL End Links should be installed with no preload, so the bolts should just drop-in.
Yes you are right. I will add those too same time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I considered these, but what do I get as a ROI? Also, exposure to the elements. Now the SPL alignment parts. I may consider at some point.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I considered these, but what do I get as a ROI?
Your ROI is not busting the stock end link bolts when you're tracking your car, or trying to ascertain the limits of your cornering speed of your Q when suddenly the stock end link breaks from the increased load brought on by the stiffer rear sway bar.

Put a different way, the SPL End Links are cheap insurance against a failure under high tire loading conditions.

When you have the SPL End Links installed, have your mechanic show you the stock ones - you'll see my point. It's like the bolts are sitting in Jello.

Reactions: DiamondQ60

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm going in the shop to get my part#'s off my calipers and rotors, I'll check my end links. Thanks for the heads up. In the grand scheme of things it's a drop in the bucket.
I was just concerned about salt spray causing trouble not having a boot. I guess if they last a couple of years it's NBD. They may out last the car anyway.
That and adjustability.... Tuesday I'll see how the OEM ones have held up on the track.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I was just concerned about salt spray causing trouble not having a boot. I guess if they last a couple of years it's NBD. They may out last the car anyway.
That and adjustability.... Tuesday I'll see how the OEM ones have held up on the track.
From the ECS Tuning site:

When lowering your vehicle it is important to have adjustable end links to correct preload on your sway bars. Sometimes suspension is set improperly from left to right corner - SPL adjustable end links allow you to quickly and properly eliminate preload no matter what the situation calls for.

These SPL endlinks utilize Teflon lined 1/2" FK bearings that offer the highest load capacity - this is an asset when using stiff, aftermarket sway bars. Custom heat treated chromoly high misalignment studs mate the sway bar to the SPL end links - these also have 65 degrees of articulation that prevent endlink binding when used on different adjustment holes on aftermarket sways.

SPL Parts are designed and manufactured entirely in the USA. All materials are sourced from American suppliers to ensure that only properly certified materials are used to manufacture SPL Parts. Chromoly seamless straight tubing DOM mandrel bent tubing, 6061 and 2024 aluminum are used in SPL Parts to give their products unparalleled strength and quality. Products are TIG Welded by local professional welders, all CNC machining is done by local machine shops to meet tolerance specifications, and all research & development is done in-house. From racing to street car applications, SPL Parts are extremely high quality, durable, suspension products that are sure to get your vehicle back in spec.

Technical specifications:

6061 aluminum turnbuckles
left hand and right hand threaded rod ends
Made in the USA!

Teflon-lined FK Bearing & Rod Ends with 6061 Al Turnbuckles

FK Site (Southington, CT):

https://www.fkrodends.com/products/rod-ends/studded-rod-ends/studded-rod-ends/

I think you'll be OK from the corrosion standpoint - certainly better materials than used in the stock CBE :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
SPL parts are beautiful. I don't have enough time to get them b4 my shop time. Not planning on lowering my car unless KW makes the DDS compatible coilovers. I may add the end links later. Control arms too if needed for alignment.

That or just sign up for a C8. I should have registered for one 2 months ago.?

·
Registered
181 Posts
For all the AWD guys, Hotchkis used my car as a test car for their AWD sway bar set a few months ago. I tried following up with the rep that I dealt with on numerous occassions to ask for any kind of update on when they would be releasing the set and was pretty much given the cold shoulder for weeks. Finally got a hold of someone else and was told that they dont have plans to release the set any time soon which is unfortunate.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just installed hotchkis sway bar and SPL end links for front and rear. Man I love it! Well worth of spend. ?

Personal Experience: The stock sway bars whenever I usually make hard turns their is usually body roll and understeer.

With the hotchkis and endlinks when I corner, i barely feel any body roll, and also it seems like it is more on the oversteer even when I increase speed by 10-20 mph on a corner it is slightly more on oversteer. At higher speeds 60-70 mph and you turn left and right on the freeway the steering seems much more responsive and sharp.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Do you need end links in order to install a more aggressive sway bar?
No, but having a stiffer-rate sway bar will be compromised by the compliance in the stock end links. You'll also likely exceed the loading of the stock end links, which could fail at the most inopportune time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Are the hotchkis sway bars thicker than the stock AWD red sport ones? I'm looking at the front and rear sway bars and the spl front and rear endlinks. Please advise.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Are the hotchkis sway bars thicker than the stock AWD red sport ones? I'm looking at the front and rear sway bars and the spl front and rear endlinks. Please advise.
Specifications:

Front Size: 35mm / Front Rate: 1340 lbs/in [40% stiffer than stock]

Rear Size: 29mm / Rear Rate: 685 lbs/in [135% stiffer than stock] 810 lbs/in [175% stiffer than stock] 970 lbs/in [230% stiffer than stock]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Specifications:

Front Size: 35mm / Front Rate: 1340 lbs/in [40% stiffer than stock]

Rear Size: 29mm / Rear Rate: 685 lbs/in [135% stiffer than stock] 810 lbs/in [175% stiffer than stock] 970 lbs/in [230% stiffer than stock]

As for end links, if you are in the Northern climes, I would suggest the Whiteline product, because the rod ends are more sealed against the elements:

Whiteline Rear Sway Bar End Links - Nissan 350Z 370Z / Infiniti G35 G37 Q40 Q60 KLC141 - Concept Z Performance

Whiteline Front Sway Bar Endlinks - NIssan 370Z / Infiniti G35 G37 Q40 Q50 Q60 Q70 M37 M56 RWD KLC204 - Concept Z Performance

Note: The front end links need a longer stud to pass through the lower control arm, and the SPL front end links spec'd for the front Q60 AWD were even length studs and the center-to-center distance of the studs was longer than the stock end links. My shop "made them work" (removed the conical spacer(s)), but my front (stock) sway bar now sits quite low, which is caused by lowering the car 1", but also because the center-to-center distance of the SPL end link was longer, too. Bottom line, when I upgrade to the Hotchkis sway bars, I'll be ordering the Whiteline end links for the front sway bar.
Thanks so much. I will order as you had mentioned. Greatly appreciate that. What about springs? Tien makes some and rsr too. I don't like the look of overly dropped cars. any advice on going with springs. Yes. I'm in the North. just outside Toronto.

Greatly appreciate you help.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts