Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
You seem to know a lot. I'm going to upgrade my exhaust and want to ensure I don't void the warranty. Heck, Infiniti makes a performance exhaust for her without mufflers. I like the professional look of the actual infiniti exhaust tips. I will try to source those and put them on the back of the ARK cat back exhaust with the hemholtz mufflers. What are your thoughts on that. At the same time, I will get the upgraded air exchanger and resevoir for coolant dedicated to the turbos. What are your thoughts on that. They wouldn't void the warranty. The air exchanger is Infititi products as well. is there a link to the infiniti performance parts available for the 2017 q60 red sport. I did order new rims and tyres from get your wheels. 255 zr 35 20 for the front + 22. 295 zr 30 20 for the rear. +48. Jason from get your wheels was awesome. The only guy in N. America who I called, who knew their stuff. Tyre diameter is identical. Perfect.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Thanks so much. I will order as you had mentioned. Greatly appreciate that. What about springs? Tien makes some and rsr too.

Greatly appreciate you help.
Honestly, if you want to lower your Q and maintain ride quality (unless that's not important to you), then go with coil-overs. When installing lowering springs on stock shocks/struts, the mis-match in shock dampening and increased spring rate can cause the shocks/struts to prematurely fail. I've seen a few instances on this forum and the Q50 forum of blown-out shocks. Also, with the increased spring rate, the car will be more susceptible to "pogo" unless you can turn up the dampening rate, which is impossible with the stock suspension.

If you can live with that, then the RS-R or the Swift Springs I hear are good quality springs.

Reactions: DiamondQ60

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks man. I think I will leave her stock height and just do the sway bars and endlinks for this season. I only have 30k miles on her. when the stock supension is done, I will do coilovers. ty.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Question. I find that my drivers side window has a lot of wind noise. Is this common? I'm thinking I want the dealer to re-do the all of the door frame and window seals. Anyone find this issue with theirs? I notice that the valves in this car are quite noisy. is this due to them being very stiff, or this an issue?

·
Registered
985 Posts
Question. I find that my drivers side window has a lot of wind noise. Is this common? I'm thinking I want the dealer to re-do the all of the door frame and window seals. Anyone find this issue with theirs?
My issues with the window seals were first the passenger window seal (bottom, inside) left a smudge at half-way up the window, so my dealership replaced it. About 6 months later, my driver's side window left the same smudge mark, and the dealership replaced that seal, as well. The window seals have been my only warranty item since I got my Q back in November 2016.

If you feel like you are hearing wind noise, you should take it in for an evaluation.

I notice that the valves in this car are quite noisy. is this due to them being very stiff, or this an issue?
The engine noise is not the hydraulic valve lifters, but more likely the direct (fuel) injectors and the high pressure fuel pump (HPFP). The HPFP is located near the front of the engine, on the driver's side. As for overall mechanical noise of the engine, I found switching to 5W30 from 0W20 oil helped make the engine run quieter. I am using Valvoline Modern Engine Oil 5W30.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ty. Huge wind noise on my drivers side. Can barely have a phone call. I will go check out a new engine and listen to her.

Ty brother.

Did you see my post on the exhaust question? ARK seems to have a great one cat back. Hemholtz mufflers. I will put the Infiniti logo'd tips on her.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Did you see my post on the exhaust question? ARK seems to have a great one cat back. Hemholtz mufflers. I will put the Infiniti logo'd tips on her.
I don't have an opinion on the ARK Grip CBE. I picked the Fast Intentions LDP & resonated CBE back in late 2016, which was one of the, if not the only, option(s) at that time. I'm still happy with my choice.

My only concern with the ARK Grip would be the lack of resonators for controlling low rpm drone, especially for highway cruising @ 60-70 mph.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Awe good point. It won't be for a while until I do the exhaust. Wonder if there is a resonated cat back with the hemholtz mufflers?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Does the LDP eliminate the cats? How much noise does it make? I don't want a lot of noise.
Yes, the secondary cats are removed and the downpipe replaces it.

Noise level depends on the exhaust it's paired with. I first had the Infiniti Sport Axle-back straight pipe exhaust with the FI LDPs. It was STUPID loud on cold starts but mellowed down after about 30 seconds. It sounded great for what it was but had some funky noises around 2500 when lightly accelerating.

Now I have the LDPs paired with the non-resonated 14" FI CBE and it sounds way better. Cold starts don't piss the neighbors off and there are no funky noises or drone. I'd actually like it to be a bit louder so I might eventually go with the 10" mufflers from FI instead of the 14" but can't spend that money right now as I just got the CBE a few weeks ago :D

·
Registered
985 Posts
It was STUPID loud on cold starts but mellowed down after about 30 seconds.
To help "light off" the primary cats during warm-up, the turbo W/Gs are opened to bypass the exhaust flow around the turbos for about 30 seconds from start-up, thus the reason for the increase in noise.

·
Registered
985 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,123 Posts
:ROFLMAO: What happened to the Sway bars discussion?

·
Registered
104 Posts
OK, just thought I'd add my info to this discussion, I'm RWD. On Black Friday I ordered the Hotchkis sway bar set and VOODOO13 front and rear end links.

RWD sway bar set
Voodoo13 front end links
Voodoo13 rear end links

Had the sway bars installed last week, but neither pair of end links would fit. My shop said the bolts to reach the control arms were too short for each set by about 1/2", so for now I'm on OEM end links.

So I decided I'd try the Whiteline products recommended earlier in this thread. Well, the front ones look like they should work just fine, but the rears willd efinitely not work, the length of the end link itself is MUCH too short in comparison to what is needed. So, the whiteline rears will be going back. So, I have now ordered the SPL rears:

SPL rear end links

I really am hoping this is the last pair of end links I order!

·
Registered
96 Posts
OK, just thought I'd add my info to this discussion, I'm RWD. On Black Friday I ordered the Hotchkis sway bar set and VOODOO13 front and rear end links.

RWD sway bar set
Voodoo13 front end links
Voodoo13 rear end links

Had the sway bars installed last week, but neither pair of end links would fit. My shop said the bolts to reach the control arms were too short for each set by about 1/2", so for now I'm on OEM end links.

So I decided I'd try the Whiteline products recommended earlier in this thread. Well, the front ones look like they should work just fine, but the rears willd efinitely not work, the length of the end link itself is MUCH too short in comparison to what is needed. So, the whiteline rears will be going back. So, I have now ordered the SPL rears:

SPL rear end links

I really am hoping this is the last pair of end links I order!
Curious how ur car is handling after u put the sway bars?

·
Registered
985 Posts
I'll throw in my one observation - before the Hotchkis Sway Bars were installed on my Q, on my favorite cloverleaf RH loop, my Michelin A/S 3+'s would squeal at the limit on dry pavement. With the Hotchkis FRT & RR SBs installed, very little squeal at the limit. I will add my FRT & RR Camber settings are -1.5 at all four corners.

Note: I have the RSB set in the middle position.

Reactions: JonnyB

·
Registered
104 Posts
Turn in feels a little more crisp, there is noticeably less understeer on my favorite industrial park circles near here, and it feels flatter through them as well. I too have the rear sway bar in the middle position, and feel like I might want to go to the stiffest setting. However, I'm going to wait until I get beefier end links installed before I decided on if I want to change the rear setting or not.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts