Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

Registered
Came here to read about sway bars. Im looking at the hotchkis myself. Glad to read about the end links.

As for the oil filter Ive been using that oversized filter for the last few oil changes and no issues. Its maybe 1/2" longer is the only difference.

Yes, the secondary cats are removed and the downpipe replaces it.

Noise level depends on the exhaust it's paired with. I first had the Infiniti Sport Axle-back straight pipe exhaust with the FI LDPs. It was STUPID loud on cold starts but mellowed down after about 30 seconds. It sounded great for what it was but had some funky noises around 2500 when lightly accelerating.

Now I have the LDPs paired with the non-resonated 14" FI CBE and it sounds way better. Cold starts don't piss the neighbors off and there are no funky noises or drone. I'd actually like it to be a bit louder so I might eventually go with the 10" mufflers from FI instead of the 14" but can't spend that money right now as I just got the CBE a few weeks ago :D
Im running the same exhaust setup, LDPs and FI non resonated 14" catback. I think its actually louder inside the car, especially at low RPM 1500-2000. I agree that it could be a little louder but I think the 10" muffler might be a bit raspy. Im satisfied with mine. I get quite a bit of compliments on it. I was trying to upload a video but Im on a work computer and It wont let me. Stupid settings says contact admin when I try to upload a video lol.

Registered
Came here to read about sway bars. Im looking at the hotchkis myself. Glad to read about the end links.

As for the oil filter Ive been using that oversized filter for the last few oil changes and no issues. Its maybe 1/2" longer is the only difference.

Im running the same exhaust setup, LDPs and FI non resonated 14" catback. I think its actually louder inside the car, especially at low RPM 1500-2000. I agree that it could be a little louder but I think the 10" muffler might be a bit raspy. Im satisfied with mine. I get quite a bit of compliments on it. I was trying to upload a video but Im on a work computer and It wont let me. Stupid settings says contact admin when I try to upload a video lol.
lol contact that admin already I wanna hear that thing before ordering my FI CBE and LDP 馃槃

Registered
lol contact that admin already I wanna hear that thing before ordering my FI CBE and LDP 馃槃
I had a non resonated FI CBE Sport Muffler and it was a bit drony at low rpm but it wasn't too bad nor the exhaust was too loud.

Then added FI LDP and it got very loud,raspy and it made the low rpm droning worse.

Then I bought a Vibrant performance resonator and had them installed. Yes they did have to cut and re weld my mid pipe, but it was worth it. It completely got rid of the rasp, it became less loud, especially inside the cabin but its still I'd say medium loud, not as crazy as before but not as quiet and with just the CBE.

I dont how how having the touring muffler would change things but I suspect the resonator are a must if u want to reduce cabling vibration and rasp.

The car sound meaner with a deeper tone and burbles on idle. It's how I hoped the expensive Fast Intention exhaust would sound from the start, I'm finally happy with it.

Registered
I had a non resonated FI CBE Sport Muffler and it was a bit drony at low rpm but it wasn't too bad nor the exhaust was too loud.

Then added FI LDP and it got very loud,raspy and it made the low rpm droning worse.

Then I bought a Vibrant performance resonator and had them installed. Yes they did have to cut and re weld my mid pipe, but it was worth it. It completely got rid of the rasp, it became less loud, especially inside the cabin but its still I'd say medium loud, not as crazy as before but not as quiet and with just the CBE.

I dont how how having the touring muffler would change things but I suspect the resonator are a must if u want to reduce cabling vibration and rasp.

The car sound meaner with a deeper tone and burbles on idle. It's how I hoped the expensive Fast Intention exhaust would sound from the start, I'm finally happy with it.
Do you have a link to the resonator?

Registered

Registered
See I already have the full FI CBE 10 inch sports with AMS LDP. I hear a vibration/low frequency sound coming from the pass side and pass footwell under load. They are going to look at it at the dealer but im thinking if its the exhuast, the resonators will help. Plus tim trying to make it sound better. The deeper tone is what I am missing.

Registered
See I already have the full FI CBE 10 inch sports with AMS LDP. I hear a vibration/low frequency sound coming from the pass side and pass footwell under load. They are going to look at it at the dealer but im thinking if its the exhuast, the resonators will help. Plus tim trying to make it sound better. The deeper tone is what I am missing.
Yeah I cant diagnose ur problem but certainly the vibration (I call droning) was bad under load at low rpm. I'd sometimes keep the revs higher on a lower gear just to avoid that drone. Now with the resonators, I still get a tiny amount of vibration under same situation but barely noticeable. Gool luck!

Reactions: donguason

Registered
Had my new endlinks installed a few weeks back, whiteline fronts and spl rears. Haven't had much chance to really push things in turns due to winter weather, but I have to say that overall I'm quite happy with the handling with the rear sway in the middle position. It definitely handles flatter and is much more neutral than before. That front end push is gone. The new endlinks are a bit noisier than stock, and it seems that a bit more noise is transmitted through the car as well, which is to be expected since they're a metal bushing.

I'll have an even better feel for it all in a few weeks once everything dries out.

Reactions: JonnyB

Registered
I have an AWD, so I could only install the Stillen Rear Sway Bar.
I'm thinking of also getting the Hotchkis front & rear sway bar since (1) it comes as a set cheaper than the stillen front and rear sold separately and (2) a few people said its beefier than the stillen sway bar.

You posted a link to the read SPL end links. Do you have a link to the front sway bar end links you have?

Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
Reactions: JonnyB

Premium Member
Older thread I know. Don't think I need to start a new one.

If you could only install one sway bar, what would it be? Front or rear? :unsure:
I'm interested to know which one contributes the most the handling.

Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
If you could only install one sway bar, what would it be? Front or rear? :unsure:
I'm interested to know which one contributes the most the handling.
Rear. It will remove some or all of the understeer, depending on how you adjust the sway bar (aftermarket).

Reactions: NINaudio and VIVID
41 - 52 of 52 Posts