Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of people smoke or black out their tail lights . Some people leave them red. I’ve been wondering how “clear” tail lights would look. Anybody ever seen it done?(not likely) curious as to y’all’s opinions.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,894 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Q60 Red Sport - Slate Gray/Monaco Red and full of AWESOMENESS!!!
246 Posts
A lot of people smoke or black out their tail lights . Some people leave them red. I’ve been wondering how “clear” tail lights would look. Anybody ever seen it done?(not likely) curious as to y’all’s opinions.
Are you seriously opening that can of worms? Asking for peeps opinions on something, lol. You'll get a thousand answers from 10 people, lol. I'm with you though, I haven't seen it on one yet.

·
Registered
‘21 Infi Q60 RS400 AWD
13 Posts
I don’t get why people black out brake lights - yeah it looks cool but it won’t look cool when the person behind who isn’t paying attention rear ends you because the lights weren’t bright enough to catch their attention.

For clear light assemblies; do you have an example of one?

Reactions: testrage

·
Registered
2022 Q60 Red Sport - Slate Gray/Monaco Red and full of AWESOMENESS!!!
246 Posts
I don’t get why people black out brake lights - yeah it looks cool but it won’t look cool when the person behind who isn’t paying attention rear ends you because the lights weren’t bright enough to catch their attention.

For clear light assemblies; do you have an example of one?
This has always been my thought as well. Seems like you're putting yourself at more risk blacking them out.

·
Registered
337 Posts
This has always been my thought as well. Seems like you're putting yourself at more risk blacking them out.
That's why it's illegal in most places.

As for clear tail light covers I'm not a fan.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here is my opinion. Tinted tail lights do not look cool and look ghetto at best. But hey if you are after that Chrysler 300/Chevy Cobalt look, then best to you. Clear tail lights if you are going for that early 2000s ricer shitbox look. Factory taillights are already “darkened” as is and should be left alone. But to each their own

·
Registered
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400 AWD. Midnight Black/Monaco Red Interior/Silver Optic Fiber Trim
33 Posts
Mine are tinted/blacked out and I think it looks fantastic and changes the entire rear end look of the car! My car is also black so it makes everything blend in all together. As far as illegal so are window tints in most places and I’m sure 90% of the people on here have those. I was mainly worried about light visibility as a few others mentioned and them possibly not being bright enough during daytime which could cause an accident. Wasn’t an issue whatsoever, at night time there as bright as could be and in the daytime once your foot is pressed on the brake pedal which I had a friend of mine too so I could see how bright they looked they were still just as bright as they were before they were tinted. I could literally see them from a mile down the road which put any worries I may have had to rest. Have a few pictures posted where you can see how dark they are.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,894 Posts
As far as illegal so are window tints
Tint itself is not illegal as long as it meets the visible light transmission requirements

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,894 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,894 Posts
As long as the taillights emit red light within a specified intensity, pretty sure the police don't give a rat's ass as to the method. Is there a manufacturer that produces red LEDs for the Q60?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As long as the taillights emit red light within a specified intensity, pretty sure the police don't give a rat's ass as to the method. Is there a manufacturer that produces red LEDs for the Q60?
I was reading there are no DOT approved red bulbs. Does that mean LED would be fine?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,894 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts