Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
well thats expected lol wondering how mine will sound with just the sport mufflers and full downpipes with HFCs. Sounds decent with the mufflers, but downpipes would make it sound so much better along with a nice bump of power

I miss the sound of having intakes, but stillen refunded me after i sent it back..hopefully the AMS intake isnt like $1000

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, I only got the lower DP for that exact reason: No tune, just better sound/power.

I just picked up the intake...I feel the bump everyone complains about but it doesn't hurt the car so I don't mind. I love the turbo spool sound too much.

And yea AMS is going to be pricey especially since they partnered with Infiniti, I'm just too impatient lol.

FYI my lower DP is catless.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Wow I'm actually really impressed at how good this sounds. I haven't been a big fan of the Infiniti sports exhaust up until this point. Which DPs are you using?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Man....and now I'm comparing your video to the others I've seen with the sports exhaust. Do you think your sound note is so much better because of the intake?

Also, do you know how much hp/tq you're pushing now?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Spyderman: Thanks, I love the way it sounds! I am using PowerPro Engineering 3" Lower Downpipes and the sport exhaust that has no mufflers. I did notice the Stillen Intakes have increased the exhaust note a bit, I'm assuming this is caused as more airflow coming. I also cut out the resonator on the mid-pipe which also makes it sound a bit different too.

I haven't Dyno'd it yet, but from the intakes and the DP I'd say maybe like 430hp.

Ban Park: I actually in LA quite frequently, I work downtown!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Spyderman: Thanks, I love the way it sounds! I am using PowerPro Engineering 3" Lower Downpipes and the sport exhaust that has no mufflers. I did notice the Stillen Intakes have increased the exhaust note a bit, I'm assuming this is caused as more airflow coming. I also cut out the resonator on the mid-pipe which also makes it sound a bit different too.

I haven't Dyno'd it yet, but from the intakes and the DP I'd say maybe like 430hp.

Ban Park: I actually in LA quite frequently, I work downtown!
Man....that really makes me second guess what I thought was my final decision. You must be rocking an RS with those kinda numbers. Aside from the sound, the main reason I was going to go with the Fast Intentions CBE and Full DP was for the power gains. After a tune, a base 3.0 should push close to 400. I think your setup is the best I've heard so far. **** man, decisions decisions!

·
Registered
646 Posts
I really love your setup and how it sounds !!!

Can you tell me how you debadged it please?
To debadge, take a heat gun or hair dryer and use it to soften the adhesive behind the emblem. Then, take some fishing line and work it behind the emblem to rip the adhesive. Wear gloves. Use goo gone or something similar to remove the residual adhesive.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Man....that really makes me second guess what I thought was my final decision. You must be rocking an RS with those kinda numbers. Aside from the sound, the main reason I was going to go with the Fast Intentions CBE and Full DP was for the power gains. After a tune, a base 3.0 should push close to 400. I think your setup is the best I've heard so far. **** man, decisions decisions!
Yes! I got the RS, and I personally like no emblems on a trunk, I think it looks sleeker. I felt the same way: I really wanted quick, Infiniti purr at the time and an axle-back/ DP was a lot more in my budget than a full aftermarket Catback.

The good news is that Tanabe is releasing a wider Y-pipe and a Mid-pipe, that can connect to the OEM exhaust (or sport exhaust in my case); opening up the flow of the exhaust even more. Once these come out in a few weeks, I'll basically have a full catback! It's more flexible IMO, if I ever get bothered by how loud it sounds, I can experiment by putting any part back to OEM.

I'm extremely interested to hear how it'll sound since I'll have exhaust parts from 3 different companies, hopefully it'll have it's own unique sound.

·
Registered
18 Posts
To debadge, take a heat gun or hair dryer and use it to soften the adhesive behind the emblem. Then, take some fishing line and work it behind the emblem to rip the adhesive. Wear gloves. Use goo gone or something similar to remove the residual adhesive.
Thanks for the info! It does looks dope!

Let me ask you, what downpipe would you recommend? I would also like to steer towards stainless steel options, for the eye candy and weight savings...

Looks like I'm getting the mod bug fever again...i told myself not this time... but that exhaust is just too quiet.

Even though there's no manual option for our cars(I think there will be with the IPL version though) I still would like to hear the engine going through its revolutions and appreciate the machinery of our vastly engineered machine! You know like enjoy a beast purring as it just effortlessly glides you everywhere you want...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the info! It does looks dope!

Let me ask you, what downpipe would you recommend? I would also like to steer towards stainless steel options, for the eye candy and weight savings...

I'd recommend my DP, since it's a full 3" DP unlike FI or AAM, however mine does not have High-flow cats so it will be louder and may produce drone.

Mine is stainless steel and thermal coated. Check out their parts!

Powerproeng.com

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'd recommend my DP, since it's a full 3" DP unlike FI or AAM, however mine does not have High-flow cats so it will be louder and may produce drone.

Powerproeng.com
Did you install DP by yourself? If you did, How hard was it?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I did not install it myself, but it took about an hour to install when I went to the shop. They have to install the 02 sensors carefully and wait for the car to cool down, but other than that I'd assume it wasn't too bad to put on.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Powerproeng.com
Thanks again for all your insight. I really appreciate it, QTQ60!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts