Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have this problem?
When my Iphone 7 is connected to my Q60, the text message feature doesn't work. If my friend connects his Samsung Galaxy, then the text message system works? He gets a prompt on his phone to activate it. I don't get a prompt?

Any help would be awesome.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Does anyone else have this problem?
When my Iphone 7 is connected to my Q60, the text message feature doesn't work. If my friend connects his Samsung Galaxy, then the text message system works? He gets a prompt on his phone to activate it. I don't get a prompt?

Any help would be awesome.
Try this. Connect your iPhone via bluetooth. Then on your iphone go to your Settings/Bluetooth, select the car, tap the little blue circle with the (i) then tap the switch to turn on “Show Notifications”.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks but I tried that and no luck. Spent an hour on it haha

I think it's only Iphone?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hmmm sorry and that sucks. When mine arrives, I'll be trying to get it to work too. I'll let you know in a month if I come up with anything.

·
Registered
13 Posts
On my 14 Q50 I had it working for about 9 months. Then I got a new iPhone and it never worked again. I gave up since it is pretty worthless because you cannot respond via inTouch. That is a limitation of iOS, not inTouch.

There is a lot more info about inTouch and its operation at the sister forum for Q50s Q50 In Touch - Infiniti Q50 Forum

Reactions: Nigel

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you had any luck getting your iPhone to work with the text message feature. I have an iPhone 6 and cannot get it to work either.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I got my car today and set this up with the salesperson.

Yeah the "show notifications" must be configured in the Bluetooth within the phone...

Had to shut down the car (and the phone just to be sure)... Restarted both, and txt messages were coming through.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can you post pics that it's working. I tried that and still nothing on iPhone 7

·
Registered
90 Posts
Seems to be an issue where if you mess with the phone after connecting the notifications stop going through to BT, probably a phone issue, I've found as long as I connect it then leave my phone in my pocket or at least don't touch/unlock it text notifications go through just fine

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so I tried it again. Show notifications was on in my Bluetooth iPhone 7. The car was running and I shut it off as well as my iphone. I restarted my phone then the car. Whent into Bluetooth and saw show notifications was off again. Turned it it on and it worked. Not sure if if the show notifications on the iPhone keeps defaulting to the off mode? Will try again in the morning.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can't send texts only receive???

So in my Q60 I can receive texts through the car system on my iPhone6 but I cannot reply even using the canned messages they offer. So I tried to use the voice recognition system to "Send Text" and it brings up the menu of canned messages (useless btw) but when I send it to my chosen mobile number, it comes back to say it can't be sent. So I checked with my dealership and the "tech guy" told me it is because it is an iPhone and Steve Jobs built a closed system and that's the reason we can't send texts!!! What gives? I can receive but not send? If this is the case, the tech in this car is absolute crap. Any insights or solutions anyone other than picking up my phone and doing it manually? (kind of defeats the safety issue!)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Get a Windows Phone, it works great!

·
Registered
148 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
WP works perfectly well. Lacks iDiots' apps though
I had one for awhile, alongside my iPhones. It's end of life now though.

Ever since MS decided to support MS Office on IOS and Android, that was it's nail.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts