Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking her in today for tint. Thinking 35%. Anyone have 35%? if so, any problems seeing out at night? can someone post pic with 35% on sunstone red car? Much appreciated.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I can't help with posting a pic of that combo, but I have 35% on my current G coupe and I don't have issues seeing out a night. Thinking about going with 30% when I pick up a Q60.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Nor do I have a pic either. But had 35% tint on a few other cars and never experienced any issues in the night time. It will take a little getting used to but before you know it, you won't even notice it's there.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Taking her in today for tint. Thinking 35%. Anyone have 35%? if so, any problems seeing out at night? can someone post pic with 35% on sunstone red car? Much appreciated.
Not sure if anyone has posted 35% tint yet on a sunstone red car. Here's the closest I remember which Dragon posted:

http://www.infinitiq60.org/forum/in...k-area/4802-girl-q60-rs-pics-2.html#post38985

https://1drv.ms/a/s!Avp6P3G8fKoDjdtxzcZxHKtPMUb0iQ

He's got 40% which would be slightly lighter than 35% but close enough. Keep in mind, some of it also depends on the type of tint you get and who makes it. This will give you an idea at least I hope.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
35% on majestic white here, but no you won't have problems seeing out at night (although I'm assuming you're not planning on doing the windshield). If anything, I find that the tint I had installed (ceramic film) helps reduce headlight glare.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went with 35% (pics to follow) and I am happy with it. Nice contrast with dynamic sunstone paint and brings out rims and tires.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sorry for the delay. Here is my ride with 35% around and Xpel clear bra (which you cant see). Ordered the carbon fiber deck lid and will get it installed next week.
Looks great. I had 20% on my 370z and never had issues seeing at night. I'm probably going to do 35% on my Red Sport just to keep the po po away. ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just got 35% done on my pearl white red sport, no problems at all. It's the perfect level of darkness for me.

I previously had 20% on my Q50, I routinely had to roll the windows down when making turns.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just got 35% done on my pearl white red sport, no problems at all. It's the perfect level of darkness for me.

I previously had 20% on my Q50, I routinely had to roll the windows down when making turns.

Any photos? I have a pearl white Q60 and I'm debating between 20 & 35...

I had 35% on my previous Q60 and I felt it was too light(it was graphite though). Not sure how it looks in contrast to the white...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just picked mine up today from having 35% installed. My previous cars have all had 35% and I've never had a problem seeing out. My car is black though, so if I went darker than 35%, it would look really dark.

I have driven a friends car with 20% and am not a fan. Too difficult to see out of, especially in less than perfect weather (rain, snow, fog).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Any photos? I have a pearl white Q60 and I'm debating between 20 & 35...

I had 35% on my previous Q60 and I felt it was too light(it was graphite though). Not sure how it looks in contrast to the white...

Sorry, haven't had a chance to take decent photos yet. Here's the best one I have.

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
I don't have 35. but here's a further shot of a Sunstone red with Black interior and 20% on top of the OEM tint. (More like 15-16 I guess)

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
I don't have 35. but here's a further shot of a Sunstone red with Black interior and 20% on top of the OEM tint. (More like 15-16 I guess)

I like how this looks..I think I'm definitely going for it on my car.

Tired of people being able to see when I catch them staring at my car..

·
Registered
79 Posts
35% on mine, I was going to go darker but I didn't want it to look solid black. With the interior all black including the pillars and headliner it appears darker than it really is. Sorry for the super bad pic but its all I had at this moment..

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm so jealous of all you guys. 57% is the darkest you can go on the front windows in utah :(

I can't legally do more than 50% on the front windows, but you know. **** the rules :p.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts