Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2021 Q60S AWD
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If got a stock 2021 Q60S AWD. I’ve been doing oil changes and tire rotations every 3k or 4K miles , and I’m at 16k on the odometer. I just realized I haven’t had infiniti balance the tires. I’ve still got the original OEM run flats. I think the rule of thumb is to do a tire balance every 10k miles but maybe that’s old logic. Any suggestions if I need to get a balance done now? Or is it a big deal that I’m at 16k miles without doing a balance and will wait until 20k miles to do a balance?

· Registered
533 Posts
I've never had tires rebalanced unless there was a vibration issue.

· Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,511 Posts
I've never had tires rebalanced unless there was a vibration issue.
When Discount Tires does a rotation they usually also rebalance. No charge if the tires were purchased from Discount Tire.

Reactions: 2021Q60RS400

· Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
2,003 Posts
Unless you feel a vibration at speed or some irregular wear of a tire is noted during a rotation, there's absolutely no reason to get a re-balance.

It's most important to maintain proper tire pressure, especially during seasonal changes. For my Fall/Winter Michelin A/S 3+'s, I like to keep my cold tire pressures at 32-33 psi, as I typically will drive just by myself with no significant payload added, other than groceries;).

· Registered
2021 Q60S AWD
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unless you feel a vibration at speed or some irregular wear of a tire is noted during a rotation, there's absolutely no reason to get a re-balance.

It's most important to maintain proper tire pressure, especially during seasonal changes. For my Fall/Winter Michelin A/S 3+'s, I like to keep my cold tire pressures at 32-33 psi, as I typically will drive just by myself with no significant payload added, other than groceries;).
33 psi sounds low. Ur not afraid of ambient temps dropping and getting uneven tire wear? I keep mine around 38 psi cold. Doesn’t urs call for 38psi too? I’ve got a 2021 q60s AWD.

· Registered
2021 Q60S AWD
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

And thx for the comments about rebalancing. Helpful.

· Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
2,003 Posts
33 psi sounds low. Ur not afraid of ambient temps dropping and getting uneven tire wear? I keep mine around 38 psi cold. Doesn’t urs call for 38psi too? I’ve got a 2021 q60s AWD.
My '17 has 245/40R19s. Your '21 has 255/35R20s, but still, my Spring/Summer wheels and tires are 20", and I run 32-33 psi cold. The wear on the 20" is even across the tread, and the tire pressures at hot go up 3-4 psi, so that's normal for daily driving.

You might want to reduce your pressures to 34 psi and see how it rides, and how the pressures react to temperature after driving 10-20 miles.

· Registered
2021 Q60S AWD
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My '17 has 245/40R19s. Your '21 has 255/35R20s, but still, my Spring/Summer wheels and tires are 20", and I run 32-33 psi cold. The wear on the 20" is even across the tread, and the tire pressures at hot go up 3-4 psi, so that's normal for daily driving.

You might want to reduce your pressures to 34 psi and see how it rides, and how the pressures react to temperature after driving 10-20 miles.
I’ve lowered it to 35 psi cold before and it rides good (a little softer which I don't mind because I drive in sport + 100% of the time) but living in Chicago I see big swings in ambient temp and I’m afraid of the temp dropping and having the psi go too low and ending up with uneven tire wear after driving once it turns cold outside at night. This has happened to me before in my winter car (2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE). The tires ended up causing a lot of road noise when turning corners until I replaced them. Then again, maybe I’m being over cautious with the Q.

· Registered
2021 Q60S AWD
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Once my tires are fully warm I usually an increase of about 4 psi just like yours.

· Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
2,003 Posts
Once my tires are fully warm I usually an increase of about 4 psi just like yours.
The Q50/Q60 AWDs are heavier than the FWD Altima, so it's not an apples-to-apples comparison regarding tire loads.

· Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,511 Posts
Since I'm in Texas I inflate mine +2 cold to 37 psi for three reasons. Longer wear in Houston heat, a little better fuel economy, and to help protect the wheels in case of a pothole. Running lower pressure increases heat.

When TPMS indicates 35 cold, then I add air.

· Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,511 Posts
Am I crazy but how are you guys rotating staggered tires and wheels.
You can only cross rotate staggered tires. The recommended cold pressure is on the placard in the driver's doorsill

Reactions: NINaudio
1 - 13 of 13 Posts