Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I can't seem to find any info on this question. I'm soon to get my Q60 RS, i want to switch out the tires as soon as I get them for some Summer Tires (will not be driven in winter, and can't get RWD in Canada)
So given that my car is AWD can I put 255 40 R19 or 265 40 R19 on the car? It comes with 245 40 R19.
Can any of you suggest tires you have put on the you would recommend?

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Hello,

I can't seem to find any info on this question. I'm soon to get my Q60 RS, i want to switch out the tires as soon as I get them for some Summer Tires (will not be driven in winter, and can't get RWD in Canada)
So given that my car is AWD can I put 255 40 R19 or 265 40 R19 on the car? It comes with 245 40 R19.
Can any of you suggest tires you have put on the you would recommend?

Thanks in advance
Those tires won't work. If I remember correctly, you need the overall diameter of the front vs rear tires to be within about 1% or it can cause issues with the AWD system.

Here's a good tool to figure out what tire sizes are close - https://tiresize.com/height-calculator/

In the case of the Infiniti Q60, at least one forum member has already confirmed anything wider than 245 will potentially rub on an AWD vehicle in the front (which might be why Infiniti made the last minute switch to 245s even though the brochures all said 255). You can still get good summer tires in the OEM size. Unless you modify the car, you should have no trouble putting the power down since you're AWD.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Bmadnad,

I had similar concerns about tire choices for the RS400. As others have stated, as long as you stay within 1% of the tire size from front to rear, you should be fine. GraphiteQ602017 has a very nice album of his car with asymmetric front/rear tires on his AWD. The tire sizes are:

Front: 245/35/r20
Rear: 285/30/r20

According to GraphiteQ602017, the difference in tire size between these two tires os 0.1%, which is within normal tread wear differences.

He has these tires mounted on Vossen VFS1s. 20" x 9.5" + 25 front and 20" x 10.5" +45 rear

If you are not looking to replace your rims, we are probably stuck with the 245s all the way around like the stock tire due to the possibility of rubbing issues in the front as Testrage stated.

Let us know what you go with :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
You just may be able to squeeze that extra bit on the stock rims actually.. how much clearance is there as it sits right now?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Anymore info on this? Anyone know where exactly it would rub? Thinking if it rubs on suspension then spacers would fix the issue and allow for wider tire? TIA

·
Registered
132 Posts
Bmadnad,

I had similar concerns about tire choices for the RS400. As others have stated, as long as you stay within 1% of the tire size from front to rear, you should be fine. GraphiteQ602017 has a very nice album of his car with asymmetric front/rear tires on his AWD. The tire sizes are:

Front: 245/35/r20
Rear: 285/30/r20

According to GraphiteQ602017, the difference in tire size between these two tires os 0.1%, which is within normal tread wear differences.

He has these tires mounted on Vossen VFS1s. 20" x 9.5" + 25 front and 20" x 10.5" +45 rear

If you are not looking to replace your rims, we are probably stuck with the 245s all the way around like the stock tire due to the possibility of rubbing issues in the front as Testrage stated.

Let us know what you go with :)

I have been running my staggered setup now for a few weeks and no issues. Buddy of mine has a G37 AWD Sedan and his circumference is off by 5% and he has no issue with his AWD system.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
While I do love the look of a staggered setup and a set of fat rear tires, the ability to rotate tires again with all 245's is actually a fair trade for the looks. I've never had a problem with grip when laying down the hammer with Conti DWS 245's on the RS.

As far as 255's and rubbing up front, I vaguely remember someone saying that they rubbed on the inside against the liner which would suggest that spacers or a proper offset would mitigate it. Graphite, you should test fit those 285's up front and see where they contact first in the wheel well!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have 255s with a lower offset (sticks out another 8mm vs stock). I have zero rubbing issues. You will be fine with 255

·
Registered
159 Posts
Vossen has said you can for sure fit 255 depending on offset on the AWD versions and maybe more depending on offset, camber, etc..

When my rims arrive I'll be trying to jam 265 or 275 on them in the front, then 295 on the back. We'll see. I know its doable on RWD.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can confirm 255's will work on car with no issue. I removed my run flats and had some Vredestein summer tires installed. Now I have to sell these run flats with 700km on them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts