Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honestly, with the exception of the rear camera and around view monitor, the top screen in our Q60s seems like really wasted real estate. In my last car I never even used the nav since Waze and Google maps were far superior. I will definitely be looking into getting one of those pass through mods done so that I can mirror my cell phone on the top screen. I've even seen some advanced setups in other cars where you can actually use the vehicle's touchscreen to control your phone supposedly.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Honestly, with the exception of the rear camera and around view monitor, the top screen in our Q60s seems like really wasted real estate. In my last car I never even used the nav since Waze and Google maps were far superior. I will definitely be looking into getting one of those pass through mods done so that I can mirror my cell phone on the top screen. I've even seen some advanced setups in other cars where you can actually use the vehicle's touchscreen to control your phone supposedly.
Pass Through mod? I'd love to be kept up to date on what you do because I agree. Not having Apple's CarPlay (or Android Auto for others) almost had me choosing another car.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts

There's actually something out for the Q50 already I think. I doubt it would be difficult to get that to work in the Q60 since the interior Nav console area looks to be the same setup as the Q50. I found a bunch of vids on youtube previously so they're there.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's actually something out for the Q50 already I think. I doubt it would be difficult to get that to work in the Q60 since the interior Nav console area looks to be the same setup as the Q50. I found a bunch of vids on youtube previously so they're there.
Yup, I saw the installation video for an android one on a Q50
and the next video that comes up after that one shows it in action. I don't think this particular one is a screen mirror from a smartphone, but looks pretty sweet regardless. Really excited about getting something like this at some point

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Yup, I saw the installation video for an android one on a Q50 Q50 Android install and the next video that comes up after that one shows it in action. I don't think this particular one is a screen mirror from a smartphone, but looks pretty sweet regardless. Really excited about getting something like this at some point
Yep, that's it. I was surprised and a little pleased with how easily everything came apart. If this was German, you'd have to take the engine out because why not.....;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
These android modules that we found on youtube are a huge improvement over our cars' Infiniti's iTouch system, but they have a couple major drawbacks that have me holding off on pulling the trigger for now:

-They use a really old version of android (4.2) which means majority of the apps from play store will not be compatible with it; and there doesn't seem to be a way to upgrade the module to a more recent version of the android operating system.
-The modules can only be displayed on either the top or bottom screen, there's no interchanging (you have to buy a particular module for the specific screen you want to display this on).
-Doesn't seem to be possible to get these modules to use the car's 3g from what I understand, so you would have to use your smartphone as a hotspot in order for the modules to be able to get online

1 - 6 of 6 Posts