Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all... wondering is anyone else has experienced this: when using manual/sport shift (while is sport mode), it is super smooth in every gear change except when I aggressively go from 2nd to 3rd gear, anywhere between 4,500 and 7k RPMs and I am heavy on the gas pedal. It slightly "jumps", my guess is it isn't RPM matching??? No matter how "slight" it is, makes me feel like I'm hurting my baby.

Note is DOES NOT "jump" from 2nd to 3rd when in automatic shift mode, even if I floor the gas the whole time.

Thoughts???

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Rev matching is only on downshifts. Does it feel like a thump from the rear of the car?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Is it audible in anyway? Feels like a donkey kick ?
Gosh! I would hate to know that you actually know what a donkey kick feels like.:eek:

Reactions: testrage

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Hey all... wondering is anyone else has experienced this: when using manual/sport shift (while is sport mode), it is super smooth in every gear change except when I aggressively go from 2nd to 3rd gear, anywhere between 4,500 and 7k RPMs and I am heavy on the gas pedal. It slightly "jumps", my guess is it isn't RPM matching??? No matter how "slight" it is, makes me feel like I'm hurting my baby.

Note is DOES NOT "jump" from 2nd to 3rd when in automatic shift mode, even if I floor the gas the whole time.

Thoughts???
It looks like Stillen's blog is down. I had been hoping to look at the graphs they had shared at one time during their review of the 3.0TT. I was thinking that might explain some of the "jump" you're feeling during that rpm range (could be a torque driven gear change to protect the transmission, etc if not an issue with the transmission). If their blog ever comes back, check this link - https://blog.stillen.com/2016/12/to-infiniti-beyond-analyzing-the-vr30ddtt-turbos/

I haven't noticed anything with mine but I haven't really used the paddle shifters so I can't be much help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts