Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my Q60RS on Tuesday evening, late, and had a long drive back home. Fast forward to today, I took the front plate bracket off and went to put it in the trunk, under the carpeting. When I pulled the mat up, I found a styrofoam tray with a bunch of cubbies in it, but nothing in any of them.

Is this car supposed to have an inflator kit, tow hook, anything else that I may be missing?

The ONLY thing under there is a wrench to remove lug nuts, that's all. Every other Infiniti I've had has had tow hooks and other equipment under there.

Sorry for the newbie questions.

Thanks

·
Registered
359 Posts
That's all that came with mine too. The dunlop runflats don't come with a jack or anything, just the lug wrench & key.

I asked about the tow hook earlier and Bevo Horn scoffed at me ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
i got nothing too. While on included stuff. You guys get the included "special" leather spray that i saw somewhere online, short term memory loss :)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Only the RWD cars get the Emergency Tire Repair Kit. There's a owner's manual addendum that explains how to use it. A wrench is all you get with AWD.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I still think it is nice to have a tow hook and a jack, even if you don't carry the jack. You can pick up a Nissan jack, lug wrench, tow hook, wheel chock pretty cheap on eBay. I think I paid about $60 for a mildly used set. The only problem is that there are various sized Nissan jacks, not all of which may fit in your styrofoam cut-out. But really, you probably only want to use it at home with the run-flat tires, so I keep it in my garage. You kind of need the tow hook on that rare occasion when you get stuck in the mud.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I still think it is nice to have a tow hook and a jack, even if you don't carry the jack. You can pick up a Nissan jack, lug wrench, tow hook, wheel chock pretty cheap on eBay. I think I paid about $60 for a mildly used set. The only problem is that there are various sized Nissan jacks, not all of which may fit in your styrofoam cut-out. But really, you probably only want to use it at home with the run-flat tires, so I keep it in my garage. You kind of need the tow hook on that rare occasion when you get stuck in the mud.
I'll bet Nissan jacks for any of their sedans are a standard size. I bought a used Altima jack from ebay. Haven't stowed it in the trunk yet but it appears it will fit.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The cheapest set I found was for an FX45 and the jack and the lug wrench were a inch too long to fit comfortably in the Q60 stryrofoam. I am not sure that I want to keep it in the car since the jack is not strapped down like in my QX60. It could be considered a missile in the event of a head on collision (regardless of front end collision intervention). I haven't had physics in a while but a heavy jack moving at my velocity plus the opposing car velocity results in one big collision force.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I think a jack would be nice even if the AWD does come with run flats. There is nothing that says that the car will always have run flats! Oh,.... that's right, no place to put a spare with 'spare tire well' being rendered useless with the spot welded blocks in place. Such a dilemma. Your dealer is willing to sell you anything you might want to complete the trunk accessories. ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
This issue has been brought up SOOO many times, Infiniti really needs to change their policy about run flats surplanting the need for things like a jack or repair kit. **** if anything they should just NOT including the Styrofoam inserts that CLEARLY have a cutout for a jack but leave it empty. I swear the penny pinchers they got really know how to split hairs.

That being said as far as a spare, a tire patch kit from amazon will suffice.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I think the leather cleaner only comes with the white interior.

·
Registered
189 Posts
The reason the trunk issue has been brought up so many times is that with every Q60 delivered there is a new owner in disbelief! I am not even going to say why the Infiniti dealership said those blocks in the spare tire well are there. Too absurd.

And if I hit a pot hole on the back roads of Montana and destroy a run flat tire... without a spare...I'll probably get to visit places I never imagined and stay longer that I ever dreamed. :0

Reactions: Coahman

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Unless you have a blowout on a RWD :D

BMW has models with run-flats and no spare.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Unfortunately, for the 'old school' types, many brands are pushing run flats. :)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I'll bet Nissan jacks for any of their sedans are a standard size. I bought a used Altima jack from ebay. Haven't stowed it in the trunk yet but it appears it will fit.

The used Altima jack I bought from ebay fits nicely in the empty jack space.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This issue has been brought up SOOO many times, Infiniti really needs to change their policy about run flats surplanting the need for things like a jack or repair kit. **** if anything they should just NOT including the Styrofoam inserts that CLEARLY have a cutout for a jack but leave it empty. I swear the penny pinchers they got really know how to split hairs.

I agree. If you aren't going to fill the cut outs in the styrofoam, don't put it in the car. Just makes customers feel like they've been screwed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts