Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Theoretically, it is possible to turn the 2014-2017 Infiniti Q60 into Joker’s ride if you have the extra funds and you don’t mind having the car’s entire body sawed off and its overall safety compromised.

Underpinning the Joker’s Car in Suicide Squad is an Infiniti G35 Coupe, it has the same wheelbase as the 2017 Q60 (112, give or take .2 inches depending on the year) and similar length, width, and height. If Vaydor, the company that’s offering this $11,000 G35 fiberglass rebody kit, is willing to do it and make tiny adjustments to the size then you too could own your very own Joker getaway car.

Designer Matt McEntegart was the one who created the body and he says 90% of the components are retained from the original car; stock chassis (power windows, locks, AC, cruise, tilt, ABS, traction control, etc.

The process starts with removing everything but the steel frame connecting the shock absorbers to the chassis and a roll cage is bolted on for increased safety. Sure it may not hold up as well as the factory roof or maybe the airbags may be compromised in the process but you would have probably made the choice to live dangerously if you wanted to drive one in the first place.

After that is a whole process of adding mounting points to the roll cage and redoing the interior. The stock seats probably will need to be redone to compensate for the new sloping roofline and there definitely isn’t enough space for a set of rear seats.

Everything being done to the car is what an insurer’s nightmares are made of but the Joker doesn’t care about IIHS and NCAP crash safety ratings. With the hype around movie, we could be seeing a lot more of these modded Infiniti G35s rolling around.

Also, if you had the chance to, would you mod your Q60 to look like Joker’s car?

·
Registered
114 Posts
The exterior looks amazing but not worth the safety risks. I would consider it if the body mod didn't affect the car's safety standard, all airbags working etc, and I get to keep the everything from the interior. The Q60's interior is perfect so I don't see the point of gutting it just to put another seat in that probably won't be as comfortable.

If my conditions are met and I had the extra money, I don't see why not but if I really wanted to emulate the Joker, I'd just wrap the Q60 with his shade of purple.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The car looks hideous to me... the proportions are off. If the rear was as bulky as the front then maybeeee...

I definitely wouldn't mod it like the joker's car lol

I like the blue on this version tho :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
As cool as this might look I rather spend the money on something else, like a Porsche Cayman. At least then you walk out with what's technically an exotic car to an extent and offers amazing performance, rather than something that's all show and no go.

·
Registered
114 Posts
It's more if you had the excess money to throw around and it's chump change to you. The cost of a new Q60 and the body mod kit wouldn't be worth it and yes, you may as well get a legitimate sports car but if I had the funds, I wouldn't mind driving around in Joker's car.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Actually with the money spent for the entire project you can lease an older Lamborghini and the the end of the lease term won't have to deal with some massively depreciating asset. Good example of how someone spending coin on a Q60 like the above can get something else much more rewarding:

·
Registered
308 Posts
I think it looks great. Aggressive, super car like. The exhaust note sounds very different to me at least, any ideas on what they did ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts