Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if Q60 3.0 comes from factory with conventional or synthetic oil ? They didn't seem to be sure at the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Anyone know if Q60 3.0 comes from factory with conventional or synthetic oil ? They didn't seem to be sure at the dealer.
Since the first recommended service is 10,000 miles I'm pretty sure it's full synthetic.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Is full synthetic the best oil to use in the Q60? Or are there better options out there?
I don't think there are any options besides full synthetic. SAE 0W-20 is recommended or you can use SAE 5W-30 for temps above -13 F.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
All oils that are 0W-xx are full synthetic since conventional oils can't achieve that viscosity at cold temps. Technically you could use a conventional oil if you wanted to since as Bevo pointed out the manual lists 5w-30 as an alternative to 0w-20, it's entirely up to you. As long as you stick to the weights specified in the manual you should be fine regardless of whether you use full synthetic or conventional. Fully synthetic oils tend to enjoy longer change intervals and with regards to the 0w's better cold weather startup characteristics and fuel economy. For summer time this year I'm going to stick to 0w-20 unless I notice a rougher startup due to the temperature outside, which then I'll switch to 5w-30 full synthetic.

·
Registered
308 Posts
There's no option "better" than full synthetic but not all synthetic oils are the same. You can see full synthetic oils from Mobil1 and Castrol for example, and then start looking at oils from Motul, Royal Purple, etc.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts

$24.97 per 5 qt jug at Walmart :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts