Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
I might have considered the refreshed S5 over the Q60 RS if it wasn't such a boring looking car. (but definitely not the old S5, the Q60 RS kicks the piss out of that performance-wise)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Audi cars these days generally all look the same to me if they're in the same segment, mostly due to the large prominent grille. Could argue that there's new hood vents and whatnot, but that grille...

·
Registered
95 Posts
I came out of an S4 and was going to wait for the S5 but when it got delayed went for the Q60 RS and so glad I did !

The only thing I miss is the S4 exhaust note. Have no idea what Infiniti was thinking with a 400 HP coupe that sounds like a Honda Accord.

·
Registered
79 Posts
So glad to see this comparison! Seems like everywhere you read the Q60RS is mentioned but they keep mentioning Benz 300 or the Audi A5. We all know the Q60RS doesn't even belong with those.. Thanks for posting!!

·
Registered
591 Posts
You could always get a new muffler and bam! Better sound and people will no longer think it's an accord coming around the corner.

·
Registered
95 Posts
You could always get a new muffler and bam! Better sound and people will no longer think it's an accord coming around the corner.
I guess so, but it still begs the question of what Infiniti was thinking. The G35 I had before the S4 had a gorgeous exhaust note.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I guess so, but it still begs the question of what Infiniti was thinking.
They may have been thinking two things: 1. Their target buyer wants a softer sound, or 2. If you want something rude, we got you with the Sport Exhaust Kit as an accessory.

I'll bet most Q60 owners aren't car enthusiasts that will join a forum.

Reactions: Q60bob

·
Registered
591 Posts
I think every model out there has a few kind of buyers; car enthusiasts, those who are happy with factory cars, and those who only make small mods. Infiniti could be going after the larger group of buyers, but still giving enthusiasts upgrade options.

·
Registered
26 Posts
There seems to be a real lack of understanding of which trim levels of the Q60 belong in what performance category. The Q60 Red Sport should be compared against the C43 and S5, not the 3.0T (silver) Sport.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If anyone understands Nissan or infiniti for that matter, knows this, all high-performance cars are build with the idea, they can be modified to increase horsepower significantly, And when it comes to exhaust notes and the likes of European Performance Cars at the Q60 level, my very first question would be, are you listening to a computer exhaust note or an engine exhaust note?

B

·
Registered
148 Posts
I came out of an S4 and was going to wait for the S5 but when it got delayed went for the Q60 RS and so glad I did !

The only thing I miss is the S4 exhaust note. Have no idea what Infiniti was thinking with a 400 HP coupe that sounds like a Honda Accord.
Infiniti was thinking "luxury mature buyers" as oppose to "young wanna look cool for school punks"

·
Registered
16 Posts
i would choose the Infiniti Q60 all day and everyday over those. Q6 looks more stylish and elegant. Am i the only one who thinks that Mercedes C43 rear is so bland and boring? The front end of C43 looks very nice and aggressive, but the rear end is so bland and ugly for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts