Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

Update on current Infiniti Exhaust produced for Infiniti by NISMO

9K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  avarice25 
#1 ·
Q50:
B0100-Q50SM, muffler kit 2014-2014 Q50 with the 3.7L, soft ETA is mid to late October
B0100-Q50ST, no-muffler kit for the Q50’s, I have a couple kits at the moment, but, more are due to NISMO’s stock mid to late October, too.
B0100-Q50WM, muffler kit for the turbo Q50’s, discontinued with a Helmholtz style redesign with a soft ETA of 3 months (in production now, anticipating arrival in late December at the earliest, late January more likely).

Q60:
B0100-Q60SM, muffler kit 2017-up Q60, currently still some stock, but, being discontinued after depletion with a Helmholtz style redesign with a soft ETA of 3 months (in production now, anticipating arrival in late December at the earliest, late January more likely).
B0100-Q60ST, no-muffler kit for the Q60’s, more are due to NISMO’s stock mid to late October, too.

#3 ·
I wish!

The good news is they said these kits should be less than the muffler kits, but, will still be higher than the no-muffler kits.

As for gains...NISMO probably won't be throwing any of these on a dyno.

Reason for this redesign is confirmed to attempt to resolve droning issues reported (which, I've said in the past that sound is very subjective). I did point them to the thread on the Q60 forum in which a user removed the heat shield and several have follow suit with good success. NISMO rep said they can't recommend that due to their restrictions they face in developing product.

On another note, I asked what else they have in development, all she could say is there is some stuff in the pipe-line, but, ZERO details given.

#6 ·
Q50 Red Sport owner here. I appreciate the informative repsonses di_parts. I have been on the fence on the B0100-Q50ST for my Red Sport. Dealers are telling me it's on backorder until end of the month but some are available on ebay from what appear to be reputable dealers. Do you know whether this part is being updated or improved in any way? I'd hate to grab one on ebay only to find out in a month they improved the part. Also, do you expect the new B0100-Q50WM to be worth considering? It's hard to find a lot of information on how these sound in the real world. I don't mind some sound so long as it's not obnoxious.

#9 ·
The ST kit is a bolt-on straigh-pipe kit. They are indeed on backorder, at the moment. While there may be some on eBay that have them, they will be available again eventually.

The WM kits are gone. Discontinued. NISMO has apparently reverted back to using the SM kits for those who want a kit with mufflers.

The Helmholtz kit is a straight-pipe kit with resonators to help with potential drone issues.

Big question is how sensitive are you to sound? IMO, if you can tolerate some sound, wait for the Helmholtz kit. If you like a lot of sound, the ST kit will probably get you your fix.

There are also those who would consider a Helmholtz design product and would be willing to wait, meaning some folks are waiting to see if they'll come out with Helmholtz styled resonators
Thanks! Beat me to it. I get to typing too fast at times and have some of those typos! My pops tells me I have a typing speed of 60 mistakes per minutes. Little does he know, I'm up to about 90!

#11 ·
Okay, I realize sound is subjective. I don't mind sound but too much might be a little nuts. My last cars included a BMW 550x with a fitted M5 exhaust, an S3 with a factory sport exhaust (i.e. resonator delete) and a B8 S4 with an aftermarket exhaust. None of them bothered me at all. I'd hate to buy the muffler version and find out it's too quiet and I'd hate to by the ST and find out it's obnoxious. I have heard some clips of the muffler delete on youtube but couldn't get a great feel. 90% of my driving is residential not highway. Any opinions on whether the ST is over the top? I'm 42, with 2 kids an understanding wife (to a point) and live in the burbs.

Thanks!

#12 ·
Okay, I realize sound is subjective. I don't mind sound but too much might be a little nuts. My last cars included a BMW 550x with a fitted M5 exhaust, an S3 with a factory sport exhaust (i.e. resonator delete) and a B8 S4 with an aftermarket exhaust. None of them bothered me at all. I'd hate to buy the muffler version and find out it's too quiet and I'd hate to by the ST and find out it's obnoxious. I have heard some clips of the muffler delete on youtube but couldn't get a great feel. 90% of my driving is residential not highway. Any opinions on whether the ST is over the top? I'm 42, with 2 kids an understanding wife (to a point) and live in the burbs.

Thanks!
Pulled the trigger on the straight pipe. Thanks for the help everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.