Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
obviously after the warranty expires i'd be into it

essentially that "Vaydor" kit is it still compatible with the Q60s as well?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Theoretically, the Vaydor kit that gits the Infiniti G35 Coupe should also fit the Q60 since they have similar body dimensions but you'll have to gut out most of your car. Basically, not much of the Q60 will be left except for the original chassis. Not worth it at all. Better to just get an old G35 and add the body kit to that.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Right from the source:
VAYDOR.BODYKITS's Avatar Join Date
Nov 2013
Yes you can use a g37 chassis but you will need to find a few of parts from the g35 to fit this body.
Parts list: Door glass, roofrail rubber, tail lights, gauge cluster, window regulator, and im sure some more but that's all I can see at this point.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I think it would make more sense financially to just buy an older G35 to do it, I would hate to get a Q60 and chop it up like that. BUT that's just in my case. Your question was if it was able to work, and now we know it does =]

·
Registered
500 Posts
It sure would, just have to make sure the G35 you get is in good condition and with how long they've been out for it might be harder to do that. So when considering that, to some people it might make sense to go G37. And that's among many other things to consider. Rather have it be a pristine build in the end.

·
Registered
308 Posts
It sure would, just have to make sure the G35 you get is in good condition and with how long they've been out for it might be harder to do that. So when considering that, to some people it might make sense to go G37. And that's among many other things to consider. Rather have it be a pristine build in the end.
That's true too.. if your gonna have to spend a boat load of time and money to bring the G35 back to a proper buildable state, kinda seems a bit senseless there. Always best to have a clean, proper foundation to build on first

·
Registered
500 Posts
It's one thing people forget and end up having a shotty build in the end. But in this whole 'segment' of builds, it's sort of expected.

But out the door you will have spent at least $100k to have everything done right, not worth it to me, I can think of a hundred ways to better spend that $100k.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Definitely, with a price tag like that after everything's said and done. Heck, I could buy a Gen 2 Viper and a daily driver...

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Airbags being compromised and the roof not being able to hold up as well as factory kinda throws some red lights in my head ... I think if this was 10-15 years ago, I would be all in but... can't be doing those things anymore unfortunately

·
Registered
500 Posts
another reason for just getting something cool that costs even 3/4 of the Vaydor build, in the end you'll be happier. You can even own something really cool for a short amount of time and sell it. I know a lot of people who do that, keep a high end car they really like for a year. This way the cost of ownership is minimal, even the cost to buy (if you're smart about it) could cost you nothing in the end depending how much it sells for.

You have to REALLY like the Vaydor to forward with it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
another reason for just getting something cool that costs even 3/4 of the Vaydor build, in the end you'll be happier. You can even own something really cool for a short amount of time and sell it. I know a lot of people who do that, keep a high end car they really like for a year. This way the cost of ownership is minimal, even the cost to buy (if you're smart about it) could cost you nothing in the end depending how much it sells for.

You have to REALLY like the Vaydor to forward with it.
Most definitely. There's people out there that actually source the right vehicles out, buy them, drive them around, sell them back and still end up making money on top. It's like getting paid to drive around a high end vehicle.

You really need to like it, like a lot lol

·
Registered
500 Posts
It might be why we don't see many of these being done, too much of a cost to absorb for something that immediately looks horrible, especially from the rear. Weight of the kit is going to slow it down too, all show no go.

·
Registered
308 Posts
It might be why we don't see many of these being done, too much of a cost to absorb for something that immediately looks horrible, especially from the rear. Weight of the kit is going to slow it down too, all show no go.
Yupp, and personally, I've always been a function over form kind of guy

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm sure aftermarket companies will come out with body kits that won't compromise the safety of the car itself, things like spoilers, diffusers, wings etc.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Guaranteed, the aftermarket support for this will be great. Companies are gonna be all over it. Seibon, AIT, CC, Greddy, etc.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm really not too sure... I know the guy Mike from Vaydor does make other models of vehicles. But I'm unsure if there's other registered businesses that do the same thing he does

1 - 20 of 20 Posts