Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anybody else runs their Q60 from time to time w/o the engine covers? Call me weird, but I enjoy looking at the "mechanics" of it all, though I do leave the air intake deflectors in place when actually on the road...

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I removed the entire hood to make everyone all jelly

·
Registered
308 Posts
A part of me loves it, the other part of me feels anxiety because to the untrained eye it just looks an excessive amount of things going on. It is nice to look at regardless though. Have you cleaned the engine bay yet??

·
Registered
189 Posts
I betcha most of that stuff is not even necessary! :)

Reactions: testrage

·
Registered
199 Posts
I prefer the look with the covers in place. Looks cleaner

I drove around while in high school with the hood off my '65 Fastback, though

·
Registered
359 Posts
That looks like a nightmare to work in. I've worked on Japanese cars before, but never one that tight. That's the main reason (along with warrantee) that I've vowed to make the dealership do all the work for me on the Q60.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You almost cant tell there is a motor under all that mess. There are some sexy looking engines and then there is ours lol ... has to be one of the most cluttered I've ever seen on a modern car. Hideous actually. But I love it tho .....

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
It's a pretty fascinating design, and certainly at first glance will make most frightened to consider any work on it at all. I leave my cover on just to keep to clean look for the engine bay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts