Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need help. My 2017 Q60 Luxe has been consuming coolant. When I first bought the car I had first noticed that when driving in the cold I had the car on max heat blowing, when I came to a stop the car started blowing cold air with max heat on. I topped off the coolant and assumed it was fine. Down the road I modified my car and it is now FBO E30 ecutek tuned. I thought when I had to keep adding coolant that it was wasn’t properly bled so I had it properly bled. It’s not because air is in the cooling system. I had never known about some VR30’s having “porous block” (leaking coolant into the block and burning it) or turbo. My car is still currently under warranty but it’s impossible for me to revert back to stock and my dealer is not mod friendly at all and they’ll definitely just void my warranty. Does anyone have any helpful info or “know a guy” that could help me. This is so unfortunate because this issue is not a recall and has no relation to my mods.

*Update
Sourced the parts and reverted back to stock.
Took the car to second dealership because they’re not trying to breach my warranty like the first and they’re more knowledgeable.
They took an oil sample and waiting to hear back.

Check out this post with many others commenting on this problem they have experienced aswell.
http://instagr.am/p/CNgNueFnctx/

·
Registered
187 Posts
Leaky water pump is also a known issue. Mine was replaced under warranty. Get it checked by a dealer. Hard to blame a bad water pump on mods...???

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
My car is still currently under warranty but it’s impossible for me to revert back to stock and my dealer is not mod friendly at all and they’ll definitely just void my warranty.
So can you at least change back to the stock map? In addition, can you try another Infiniti dealer in the area?

I would also say the losing coolant is NOT related to any of your mods, and as you mentioned, it could be a porous block, leaking WP, etc.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had this issue... they replaced the whole engine.... i kept having to refill coolant until they noticed coolant was getting into the engine. Full engine replacement. Bring it in :-/

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,498 Posts
I had this issue... they replaced the whole engine.... i kept having to refill coolant until they noticed coolant was getting into the engine. Full engine replacement. Bring it in :-/
Was that before or after your battery issue?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Was that before or after your battery issue?
This was on a totally diff car :'( I had a Q50 before the Q60. At one point I kept needing to add coolant. a few months later I finallly bring it to the dealer thinking it'll be a hose or some other leak. Instead they tell me the engine will need replacing. But it's under warranty so no cost. Jaw totally dropped :-/ Car only had like 30,000kms on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been having the same issue for around 3 months. Car constantly needing coolant, dealership wouldn’t do anything about it. They tell me nothing is wrong with it and top it off with coolant and send me on my way. Just so i can come back in 3 weeks for the same issue. Finally, I took it in and told them to check the oil for coolant after it was overheating/heat not working again. They sent an oil sample to the manufacturer, it has been a month and still haven’t heard back. Any ideas how long this takes? Also, how long it takes for them to replace the engine if it ends up needing one?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Reactions: JassimNguyen

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How was your personal problem solved?
I had to source the stock parts that had to be reverted to stock to not void warranty. I put stock cats back on, took flex fuel kit off, took blow off valves off, ams fender tank off, left ams intakes on the car, ams auxiliary tank, left ams heat exchanger on the car. Took the car to my local dealer and they tried to possibly breach my warranty if I approved of them to tear down the head. I took the car back and took it to a different dealership and they took a oil sample and called me back ASAP no questions asked and they notified me that they were replacing the entire engine and turbos under warranty. Problem solved.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had to source the stock parts that had to be reverted to stock to not void warranty. I put stock cats back on, took flex fuel kit off, took blow off valves off, ams fender tank off, left ams intakes on the car, ams auxiliary tank, left ams heat exchanger on the car. Took the car to my local dealer and they tried to possibly breach my warranty if I approved of them to tear down the head. I took the car back and took it to a different dealership and they took a oil sample and called me back ASAP no questions asked and they notified me that they were replacing the entire engine and turbos under warranty. Problem solved.
I also left my cat back on the car since it shouldn’t void warranty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts